•Makeover•

-Cara's POV-

Author's note: Whoever is reading this, I would like to thank you💛I appreciate your support and would love it if you showed me some love. If you like this, be sure to vote and if you don't, leave some constructive criticism:) I'm always looking to improve! :) enjoy ♥️

••••Now on with the story••••

"So you tried to escape huh," Kyle says as I enter the kitchen. He leaned on the countertop, peering at me expectantly with his blue eyes. "Give the girl a break Ky. Her stepmom is practically a bitch and her sister is a snake. She's had a lot to go through," Sam says slapping the back of Kyle's head. Kyle nods in agreement and walks to pantry. "Sam, get the pancake mix. It should be on the drawer over... there," Coletta says pointing. "Kyle pokes his head out of the pantry, "Aw man. Coles can't we eat something else? At least ones made from scratch?"

Finally, I speak up curiously, "Wait you guys never had actual homemade pancakes?" Sam shook his head, "Sunshine, we are honestly the worst cooks in this house. Ethan sent the chefs away on a vacation and now we are left here to starve." I think for a moment and pipe up, "I can make them from scratch if you'd like," I offer, tossing the egg that someone had left on the table into the air.

Kyle runs up to me and hugs me, "Would you really?" I softly push him away and stutter, taken aback from the hug, "Y-yeah. I was the cook at my house.." my voice trails as I think of Papa and Axel. "Cheer up darling," Coletta says, "Besides, you have pancakes to make for 4 hungry children." "Don't label me as a child," a deep husky voice erupts from behind me.

I look behind me to see Ethan, who was wearing beach shorts and only a dress shirt...unbuttoned. Shit. I could get used to this view. His hair was messy, his muscles were defined, and he bore a large scowl on his face. Lighting up a cigarette, he noticed as I look away and he turns his attention to me. "Make the pancakes. I hate the mix right now," he says. "It wouldn't hurt to say please," I mutter, turning away. A hand grabs my arm and it's his. He forces me to look at him and he draws his face closer to mine. My heart begins to race. What the hell does he want. "Sweetheart, I don't say please," he says tilting his head a bit.

I panic and I push him off. "OkayfineIgotityessir," I yelp and I walk over to the pantry. When I look back at him, a bag of flour in my hands, he smirks at me and my heart does a somersault. "Eggs. I need eggs," I say, my face getting hot. "Ethan, you really fluster her," Kyle said amusedly. All of a sudden a wooden spoon hits him in the head. "Kyle, just shut up," Coletta says, retracting her arm.

I begin to make pancakes while Kyle proceeds to flirt with me and Ethan starts making omelettes for everyone. Once we set up the table, we eat. "Cara, what do you like?" Ethan asks. "Well.. I like art, baking, cooking, exercise, and boxing," I respond, shoving a bit of pancake in my mouth. "Boxing? How good are you at that?" Sam suddenly asks. "I developed extremely fast reflexes and I am able to defend myself, so I'm not sure." I suddenly see a sausage flying at me and I catch it, inches from my face. I'm confused. "What are you trying to do Ethan," Coletta asked, snorting and trying not to laugh.

Ethan ignores her and we continue eating. After we finish, she grabs at my arm and calls out, "Later, gonna dress her up a bit. Meet us at the pool in 30 minutes." 

Coletta led me to a room filled with clothes I could only dream of. I gasp in awe. "Welcome to my place," she smiles obviously proud. Dresses from every color of the rainbow hung in color specified closets and mirrors, makeup, and chairs were lined up near the back of the room. "It's..beautiful," I stammer. These were clothes only I could dream of.

She grabs my hand and peers into my face. "Your eyebrows are in horrendous shape, your clothes are extremely unflattering, take off those silly glasses; haven't you heard of contacts? Also, you obviously have no experience with makeup and your haircut looks like it was done by your mother," she says. Uh what the fuck?

Before I could say anything, she places me on a stool and faces me toward her. "Listen darling, it won't hurt," Colette smiles apologetically as she holds up her tweezers. Wait a minute.. "HOLY SHIT," I shout as she begins to pluck every damn hair off my brow. "Yeah it hurts at first," she grins and continues. I proceed to cuss and shout for the next ten minutes. "What the hell did you do to my fucking face," I mutter angrily. I was not a happy camper.

"Now for makeup," Coletta said excitedly ignoring my remark. As she applied makeup, she murmured, "Darling I can't tell if you're stupid, brave or intelligent. Number one, trying to escape from a dangerous organization is definitely not what Einstein would've done. Number two, you certainly have guts to go against one of the most wanted men on this earth, and three, you obviously planned your escape well, at least until you met the boss." I glare at her, "What the hell was I supposed to do? If I'm trying to escape from the people that bought me, am I supposed to sit there and obey orders like a dog?"

She continues to apply more makeup and told me to shut up so she could put on some lip gloss. "If you think this is supposed to make me gorgeous, you are definitely blind," I mutter. "You have potential," she says studying me. "Look at yourself," she whispered and twirled me around. I dumbly looked into the mirror, "Who the fuck is this," I gasp in awe obviously knowing it was me. Why do I look decent? That's a first.

She walks away, leaving me to myself. Studying myself in the mirror, I also manage to continuously poke myself to see if I was dreaming. "Quit doing that. You look like an idiot," Coletta rolled her eyes as she tossed me a bag filled with clothes. "Go ahead, put them on," she smiles deviously. "Thank you," I quickly say and walk into a changing room.

Motherfucker. "Coletta, what the fuck is this," I call out. It's a damn bikini. "What you think it is darling," she sing-songs. It was black, like lingerie and it showed every curve I didn't know I had. I walked out clearly uncomfortable. "Wow darling, you look great," she says, her eyes lighting up. "I'm not going out like this," I snap. "Calm down tiger, I'm giving you this," she hands me a blanket. I raise my eyebrow at her and she begins to explain. "Look. Everyone knows you looked a little shabby. I invited everyone to the beach and then you can show them your makeover. Plus, don't worry about the makeup; it's waterproof," she says pushing me out the door.

I walk out, blanket completely covering me and the sun bathing me in light.