Burst

Author's note: Enjoy this picture of Coletta:)

-Ethan's POV-

Goddamn it. I need to stop being so damn soft. I stare at Cara. Her baby blue shirt slowly ruffles against the soft wind. Wisps of brown hair fly around her head like a crown. She looks over at me, slowly turning around. She gives me that smile, her head tilted. Her hands are trembling. I walk towards her not knowing what I'm about to do. She moves back slowly, her eyes trained on me until her waist hits the window ledge. She starts tipping over. What the hell is she doing? Wait. Shit shit.  I see her arms flailing wildly as she tips out the window. I run forward her arm poised towards me. Almost there... got it. She's halfway across the window, my arm holding hers. 

She gasps faintly and I realized that our waists were touching. Half her body outside the window, dangerous to the fall. Her luminescent eyes stared at me curiously and nervously. I held her arm and kissed it. I peer closely at her and breathe, "You can't escape me that easily."

-Cara's POV-

Such a gorgeous face. It was like being in slow motion. I almost fell... His arm grabs mine and he stares at me. No..my lips? Why does he do this? I-I can't thin-. He stopped my thoughts with a kiss.  Desire shoots up through me and I furiously kiss him back. He's warm. It's nice.. It's been a while since I've been hugged like this. It almost.. reminds me of mom...He holds me, his arms wrapping around my body. Oh god. Why am I crying?  I turn away in shame. In the last three years, I had never cried. So why now? Suddenly, a gentle hand turns my chin up. Ethan. His gaze was soft, his eyes-instead of dark thunderstorms were soft and puffy grey clouds. He murmurs, "What's wrong Kitten?" He wipes the tears from my face. 

"Ethannn. Why is there only one omelet?" A playful voice says outside of the door. It's Sam. I can't let them see me like this. It's so humiliating. Ethan moves towards the doorknob. I instinctively grab his shirt, "Ethan." He peers at me and nods with understanding. Gently, he pushes me behind the door. "What do you want?" Ethan gruffly says. "Aw don't be like that Tan Tan. We need our expert chef back in the kitchen," Sam laughs. "Sure sure. I'll be there," Ethan says clearly annoyed. After Sam left, Ethan closes the door and hugs me. Then he left too. What am I going to do with these feelings

I walk to the kitchen, playing with the lone string on the broken seam of my shirt. "Here's our little sexy vixen. Come eat," Coletta says winking at me, her mouth full of omelet. Her auburn hair was in a tight ponytail and she was wearing red plaid PJs. Her eyes were glimmering from the ecstasy of the food. I smile as if my crying fiasco never occurred, "Good morning. Are you all well?" Kyle knocks me on the head and hands me the plate. "Here's for your hard work." I hug him and turn around to see Ethan..glaring at me. What the fuck did I do? 

I sit down at the creaking oak table. Ethan finally sits down, poised and ready to attack his egg. Before his fork touches the egg he looks up. "Listen. Today (Friday) I am going to meet with an old friend. Sam and Kyle, I need you to teach Cara the basics of weaponry. I have to make several..deals on Sunday. So, I need everyone to be prepared and well dressed. I won't be back for several days."He takes his plate with him and walks out of the front door. I stand up suddenly, 

"Wait, Ethan. Where are you going?" He stares at me coldly, "Like I said. I'm going out for several days." What the hell is this attitude? I angrily yell, "Ethan you can't just leave! What about Coletta, Sam, and Kyle? They're still injured!" He walks up to me and whispers harshly, "This doesn't concern you. You're just a mediocre girl who wants attention all to herself. Get off my ass." Damn. I could feel myself deflating. 

He walked out the door. Everything was quiet. "Cara. Don't mind him. He's just moody," Sam says grimly. "Sure. Don't worry about him. We will teach you assassination," Kyle says grinning evilly. I weakly smile and stay quiet. He's never snapped like that before. After breakfast, I followed Coletta to a shabby grey door behind the stairs. Coletta lights up a cigarette before digging into her shirt to find a necklace with a key. She took it and unlocked the door. It opened with a creak. Kyle and Sam went below and we all ended up in a dark room. Coletta's cigarette lit up her face and she sighed, "Ugh, where's the light? Sam make yourself useful and find one will you?" "Dammit, I'm trying nerd," Sam mutters under his breath.

 All of a sudden the room lights up. The walls were covered with dark sheets of metal. Dummies with targets on their heads were filled everywhere and a wall of weapons hung on the other end of the room. "Welcome to the training room." I gaze at the weapons.

I walk to the wall and stare at them. Assortments of guns, knives. Coletta comes up next to me and leans her arm on me. She asks curiously, "What do you prefer to use?" I look at the knives, my heart beating wildly. My hand runs over them, feeling the hilts and the knife surface. Coletta smiles, "Ah. So you like silent killers. I agree. Do you know what you want?" I tilt my head towards her, "No. I'm not exactly the most decisive person." Coletta touches several of the knives. Some were crested with jewels, some were just normal with wooden hilts. 

"You don't strike me as the super fancy type," Coletta says while humming and stares at them. I pick up a knife with a jade hilt. The blade was a dark metal and it was so sharp that when I touched it to my skin, a crimson drop of blood appeared. "I like this one," I murmur while staring at it. 

Coletta taught me the history and the materials of the knife. Kyle taught me how to gut an opponent within close range and Sam taught me to throw the knife from a long-range. This occurred several times a day for the next few days. I wonder what Ethan is doing...  Before I knew it, Sunday came around and Coletta had woken me up early. She was more serious than she had ever been. Something is coming.