20 - walking sunshine

Suni's POV

After Minhyuk had finished cooking breakfast, and successfully not burnt the kitchen down, we decided to take Sunshine out on a walk and train her afterwards.

"Wear this." he passed me a spray, which upon inspection I discovered was a strong smelling deodorant. 

"I have my own perfume." I said, confused as to why he was giving me this.

"It smells too sweet, and honestly just makes me want to devour you." he grinned sheepishly. "Mixed in with the smell of your blood it's too potent."

I nodded in understanding and sprayed it over my body before putting on a coat and waited for Minhyuk to put the leash on Sunshine.

We stepped outside and started walking, our hands intertwined. I smiled softly at the feeling of his hand squeezing mine comfortingly. Since there were many other vampires in the area I was a little bit cautious but I was less worried with him by my side.

Sunshine started barking suddenly and I looked up to see a figure in a dark coat hunched against the wall.

I looked at Minhyuk nervously as he squinted at the person.

"Stay quiet." he hissed and I held my breath as we walked past him. I turned my head slightly to glance at the unknown figure and saw that he was actually hunched over another person. Presumably a human.

My eyes widened as I realised what was happening and I held onto Minhyuk's hand tighter.

Once we were out of earshot I turned to my boyfriend with a shocked expression.

"Is that... normal around here?" 

He nodded grimly. "If an unsuspecting human enters this area then they'll either be killed or fed from and let go. Usually the latter but a few vampires around here don't care about humans enough to let them live."

I shivered. "How am I supposed to walk Sunshine with the knowledge that I could be eaten at any second?"

"Use the spray I gave you, the vampire before didn't even flinch when we walked past so he obviously didn't notice that you were a human."

"R-right." I stuttered, still feeling overwhelmed with the prospect of suddenly having a vampire latching his or her fangs into my neck whilst out on a walk.

"Minhyuk." another person suddenly walked out of a side road with his hood up.

"Taeyong?" 

"Jisung and Jaemin told me what happened when they visited your apartment." Taeyong turned to me slightly so that I could see his face. "Is this the human girl?"

"No, she's a vampire." he denied.

Taeyong flashed his teeth in a smile. "How many humans have you seduced and killed with that pretty little face of yours?"

"I-I." I stuttered, completely caught off guard by his question.

"She doesn't kill." Minhyuk interrupted. "Not everyone is as bloodthirsty as your group Taeyong."

He pouted. "It's all fun and games Minhyuk, lighten up man. Maybe one day you can bring the human over to our dorm to have some fun? Although apparently Wonho is extremely protective of her."

Minhyuk stiffened. "Sure we'll bring her over sometime. We have to get going, talk to you later."

"Nice meeting you stranger." Taeyong smiled at me.

Minhyuk walked away fast, pulling me with him and didn't stop until we got back to the dorm.

"That bastard." he muttered as we stepped inside and let Sunshine off her leash.

I raised an eyebrow. "Is the whole of NCT like him? Is that why Jaemin and Jisung don't have any self control?"

He sighed and nodded. "It depends on the leader of the group really, Shownu is a good leader and tries to ensure that we all stay under the radar of the elders. Taeyong on the other hand, tried to control his members but with each new member they got out of control so Taeyong himself gave up."

"Don't worry I won't let them anywhere near you as long as I can help it." he reassured me.

I shook away all thoughts of vampires out my head and ran over to Sunshine. 

"Let's start training her."