| Chapter 7 || It's My Quest, Too |

Hello, Readers! Here is another chapter for you! Is was planned to have more stuff in it, but I thought that we found a good place to stop for now while still keeping it a good length. (Also, I wanted to get it to you guys on time)

Always remember that your comments are what breathe the life into our stories, so keep them up! We love them!

~CSP2708~

*Dylan_Walts*

| Chapter 7 |

| It's My Quest, Too |

The camp was nothing like he knew it would be, but the general layout was the same, so after his two brothers and the other demigod, Darius, left for their quest, Percy decided to head back to his father's cabin.

It was perfect. Upon entering, he let the salty scent of the sea wash over him, and it filled his nose with a comfortingly familiar burn. The beds were all draped with sheets of various shades of blue, and the curtains that hung at each of the windows were the same. The walls themselves were made of coral, like the current Poseidon cabin back in his own time, and the floor, thank heavens, was made of smooth birch wood to fit the colour scheme. It was delightfully soft against Percy's bare feet as he walked in.

The beds were all singles, not bunk beds like back home, but plain, soft beds with feather mattresses, it appeared. Four of them had personal belongings on and around them, so he assumed they were taken, and let his eyes wander to the six remaining beds in the cabin. They were empty, void of anything identifying, and just waiting to be claimed.

His remaining two brothers, Agenor and Neleus, weren't there, so they must've gone back to the training grounds. With the much-needed silence, Percy laid down for a nap.

***

His dreams were filled with visions of Hera, his father, the giants, and his brothers on their quest. Mostly, however, it focused on the queen of the gods, trapped in a cage of glowing bronze bars. Celestial bronze, most likely. She was slumped in the bottom, more drained than he'd ever seen her before, and shivering in her embroidered white dress as she camouflaged like a graceful swan against the swirling snow.

Percy looked around. He felt a chill run down his spine, not only from the frosty air blowing past him but also from the dark hordes of monsters crowded in clusters around the queen. They cast dark shadows from their campfires, roasting what appeared to be human flesh on spits, but he couldn't be certain.

"Where are you?" he asked, squinting in the distance. He was trying to make out any distinguishable features of the land, maybe an ocean, or city, or shrine, but saw nothing. The mist was too thick as it encompassed them in a cloak of white.

At his words, Hera looked up. "Young demigod," she said, her voice raspier than he'd ever heard.

He approached, slowly, cautiously, as to avoid being spotted - if he even could in this dream - by the monsters or their masters.

He bowed just outside her cage. "My lady," he said, head down.

"No need for that now, in my current state," she replied, lifting her hands which were wrapped in similarly glowing chains. "You must find me. The prophecy is about you, after all."

I looked up, surprised. "How did you know that?"

She just laughed. "You think I couldn't tell that you came out of one of my father's portals before aiding my son in his battle? And of course, my brother not recognizing you as one of his sons, while you most obviously are. It's only clear that you are the one the prophecy speaks of."