| Chapter 15 || Hello, My Name is No-Body |

Hello, Readers! This chapter is a bit short, but please enjoy it anyway!

~CSP2708~

*Dylan_Walts*

| Chapter 15 |

Hello, My Name is No-Body

I woke with a start, only to find myself hovering far higher than the ground was supposed to be. In fact, the ground was far below me - an angular obsidian hallway, so polished that I could only imagine the poor schmuck that was responsible for the task.

Wait.

If that was true, I should've been able to see my own reflection, but there was nothing as I stared at the floor below. I spun around to see if any of the other surfaces were working properly, tried to see what crazy new life I'd been sucked into - but there was nothing. I looked down.

Oh.

Oh.

The mirrored walls were working just fine. It was me that had the problem. That problem being that I didn't have a body. That sucks. No body, and yet, testing my fingers and toes, I could still feel a form, just not physically present. How would that even work?

Not wanting to give myself a headache just thinking about it, I instead focused on the air around me, pulling molecules of water together. I formed a shape, roughly humanoid, but not quite like my old body. Why couldn't I remember my old body? Was it never there? Was it never real?

I looked down at my watery hands. They were solid and yet, not solid. They flowed, rippling and dancing in the air, dripping onto the floor but never getting any smaller. And even as the water hit the floor, something like an invisible vacuum sucked it up and each drop was reabsorbed into my feet.

I took a step forward, eyeing the wall. Now, I had a reflection - an eyeless, faceless form staring back at me in the black glassy surface. The only thing that marred its surface was a line of gold braziers, each carrying a flickering torch that cast spindly shadows along the seemingly endless hallway.

Where was I? It seemed familiar, like I'd been here in a dream, but then again, I'd had so many demigod dreams that it was entirely possible I'd been everywhere. Could this be from my original life? Was I finally back? If so, would anyone recognize me without my body? Maybe I'd just be stuck like this, the final curse of this crazy existence, to finally be back, but without face or form. Kronos really must've hated me for killing his host body. (He'd been so close to world domination, too, when I'd ruined his plans.)

Whoa.

Honestly, the strangest sensation is when your whole body ripples. Don't recommend it. I felt like a waterbed that someone had decided to use as a trampoline. My head felt light and nausea shook my nonexistent stomach, which may or may not have switched to the other side of my body.

Whoever was stomping down the halls had better have a good explanation for this, because they were about to get an earful from yours truly. Surely it must be rude to treat your watery guest with such inconsiderately rumbling footsteps. It was rattling all the way through my liquid bones.

There was a clash of metal on glass coming closer, and I whirled around to see the reflection of a strangely humanoid - though not fully mortal - figure, not unlike myself, though this one wasn't made of water. I couldn't judge his size based on the hallway nor myself, but something deep inside me told me he was huge. A titan.

A shudder passed through me, which must've looked really weird.

I knew exactly where I was. I was in the Titans' palace, The Black Castle, high above Ancient Greece on Mt. Othrys. That meant...the walls weren't actually obsidian, but the rare metal that Kronos' cyclops slaves had built it out of. This was not on my list of Top Five Tourist Destinations.