Author's Note

Whoa, an authors note... on this fateful 2019... on a story I haven't updated in two years.

Yes, that's me, the ultimate flake and busy boy. I've been consistently coming back to this story and reading it once a week for the past couple months, wondering if I could ever finish it and redeem my sorry self. Well, at this point, I'm unsure.

I'm making this post for a couple reasons. It'll either end the story or be deleted, but it's mostly here to update anyone who is still reading or wants to keep reading, and to see if anybody really cares.

I hope all is well with anyone who is seeing this. A lot has changed since I last updated this tale. I turned eighteen, I graduated high school and then went on to my dream college, I moved to Boston, and most importantly, I came out as transgender.

My transition from high school to college, and from female to male, has been rewarding and exhausting. I've lost a lot of friends and family, but have ultimately gained so much love and support in places I never really thought I would. That aside, it's also been a very inspirational experience for me personally; one that has produced art, music, and a lot of passion. In this, I've been able to find a love for literature and writing once again... the same love that has lead me back to this website, watching people write and read with longing eyes and fingers.

And so I knew I had to return, somehow, in some way. Whether I finish my duty as a fan fiction writer or begin anew with original work, I want to be apart of the Wattpad community once again. It's an artistic, powerful, and special community that was there for me as I grew up, wrote, and dreamt beyond my ability to be. And now, though I'm feeling more grown than I ever have, I still want to share those dreams and that writing and be apart of a community that I believe has always and will always have so much potential and passion.

Readers and writers, musicians and listeners, artists and their audiences are an incredible group of supportive, unwavering humans. I have found more there than anywhere else, and the older I get, the more I am learning to appreciate the value of that support.

But you may be reading this and telling yourself: "Well, that's all very moving and sweet, Wesley, but what about this fanfic?" And to that, I say, I'd love to continue working on it, I'd love to continue the story, for more than just readers, but also for myself. The feeling of completion is only matched by true love. So, if even a few people comment on here telling me they want the show to go on, I will start writing immediately and try to get a new chapter out as soon as possible.

I can't promise that I'm as good as a writer as I once was, nor as well versed in emo/pop-punk culture (even though, I very much am still a fan and saw a Fall Out Boy cover band perhaps two nights ago), but I can promise that each word will be practically soggy with care and precision.

I love storytelling. I try to do it every day of my life. But there is something about this website and the people here that cannot be reciprocated anywhere else.

Anyway, that's enough sappiness for now. Thank you for reading, thank you for being alive.

Yours,
Wesley / rhaps0dic