Safe.... maybe

She wanted to be angry with him. For leaving Harry behind. But at the same time, she was thankful. Malfoy could have left her there too. He clearly didn't freeze up in scary situations, and could have easily escaped by himself.

It was most logical he grabbed her hand, they were right next to each other while Harry was in the lead. If it was Harry in her spot, if Harry was frozen, he would have taken him too. She knew that because Malfoy equally disliked them. Both Sloane and Harry were Gryffindor. They were both half-blood, and both were equally not so nice to him. Sloane was closer to him and frozen. Harry was farther away and wasn't frozen, as he had fallen.

Sloane's analyzed things very well and maturely for her age. She was understanding of others, and would do anything for her friends. She would have done very well in Hufflepuff, she wanted justice more than anything. But the amount of nerve and bravery she would put in for justice (as well as her short temper) put her in Gryffindor.

Sloane's deep thoughts escaped her as she saw Ron, Hermione and Hagrid running towards her.

Before any questions were asked, though they should have been the first priority, the three looked down at Sloane and Malfoy still holding hands. They all had confused and disgusted expressions on their faces.

Sloane was happy it was dark out, for it hid the warmth she felt crawl upon her face.

But at the same time, her and Malfoy ripped there hands apart, giving each other little glares and wiping their hands furiously on their robs, as if each other's touch would give a terrible disease.

"Where's Harry??!!" Hermione shrieked, breaking the awkward silence.

A loud noise of hooves approached them, as they saw what looked like a centaur. And on top of him, was Harry Potter.

He hopped off and walked slowly toward them, clearly looking shaken up.

Sloane's relief overflowed and she sprinted towards him, nearly knocking him over with her hug.

"Harry! Are you okay? I'm so sorry I left you behind. I didn't know what was happening, I was frozen and suddenly I was being pulled away from you! I'm so happy you're okay!"

"Sloane, let him breathe will ya," Hagrid said, in which she backed away sheepishly.

"It's okay, there's nothing you could have done," was all Harry said back, but she knew he genuinely meant it.

hey guys! i know the first few chapters of the book have been pretty boring, but im starting to go into detail and depth with Sloane's character and i hope you enjoy more as the story goes on! i'm almost done with part 1 (year 1) and can't wait to start part 2 (year 2).
xoxo Meghan