Chapter 4: How to destroy an engagement?

(Edited)
Erica's POV

A few days has once again passed by, and once again, I'm in the quiet library with Ellen as she teaches me more about this world. Little does she know that her Miss didn't quite listen to what she was saying. My attention had long drifted somewhere.

'This is frustrating! The only thing I can come up with in my bizzare situation is to act evil and convince my parents to let me leave. If I really can't, i'll probably just escape from my house instead.' I closed my eyes and listened to Ellen's voice. She seemed to be talking about something. Something about a hydra?

"Miss!" A maid suddenly entered the library, "it's urgent!" Her back bent as she gasped for air and coughed.
"Your fiancé, the prince is here for a visit!"

'FIANCÉ!? And a prince to boot!' My mouth twitched when I heard about a fiancé. This is troubling me even more...
"Thank you, lead the way." I kept my cool and stood up from my sit. I fixed my clothes and tried to make myself look presentable despite wearing very casually today.

The guards opened the door once I arrived I was in front of the door to the parlor. The maid left to bring us some tea and it seems that only me, Ellen, my fiancé and his guards are the only people inside. Ellen bowed down to the man sitting elegantly on the couch. I followed her example and curtsied.

"Good afternoon prince, what brings you here to our home?" I ask the man. He just looks like the picture that I have in my Grimoire. Silky blond hair and beautiful aquamarine blue eyes and an arua of a prince, his well built body and beautiful smile and jaw line can make any girl fall in love with him at first sight. My hand really wants to approach his handsome figure but I know I gotta hold on.

He then open his arms wide like expecting a hug as he smiled charmingly at me. I didn't approach him since it's kinda weird to hug someone you just met, well for him he thinks I'm Erica, but I'm not. He was suprised when I didn't ran up to him to hug him so he then akwardly put his arms down.

"Im so sorry your highness, but Miss Erica actually lost her memories, I don't know how it happened but she is now in the state of not knowing anyone around her." Ellen bowed once again. I watched the prince intently looking at me. 'So this is a prince?'

He gave a small nod and bowed a little, "let me inyroduce myself, my name is Prince Christopher Allen Cupid Detrio, the 3rd son of the king and crown prince." I nodded and bowed, "I am Erica Jane Bon Teligent, 1st daughter of the Teligent's." I looked up to see his shocked face. He covered his mouth and seemed to be contemplating something.

"You actually lost your memories..."

"Yes." I nodded.

"I can't believe it." He says, as he sits back down on the couch. I sat down on the couch in front of him as the maid arrived on time with the tea and snacks. I grabbed a macaroon and bit it, savoring the sweet taste of strawberries. Ellen just stood behind me as the maid poured Prince Christopher a cup of tea.

Seeing the awkward atmosphere, I talked to him about my situation. "It is true your highness, I have indeed lost my memories. I am sorry if you are displeased with this predicament."

"Why aren't you drinking tea?" He asks me.

"No need." He then look bewildered and looked at Ellen for answers. She just shrugged.

"I can't believe it,  Miss Erica not drinking tea. You love tea in the past from what I remembered. Are you sure your not faking it, Erica?" He says as he looked at me suspicously.

"As I have told you, I have indeed lost my memories. Maybe the past Erica did love to drink tea, but I don't remember." I say quite boldly. 'He is getting in on my nerves...' He then looked at Ellen for answers.

"It is indeed true, when she woke up the next day after she lost her memories, she didn't even touch the tea we brought her. When it was lunch time, we served her tea but she didn't drink it first once it arrived." Ellen sighed.

"Erica has done a lot of things to grab my attention, so she could be faking it right now." He looked at me filled with disgust.
'Wow Erica... you made the prince hate you, how mean are you?'
He made his way over to my side, looking at me suspiciously, I looked at him back. He stood and sat down beside me on the couch. He opened his arms once again waiting for me to hug him. I didn't, as I watch him once again awkwardly let down his arms. He then grabbed his cup poured with tea as he then went it near my lips. I didn't accept it. Frustated, he then pushed me onto his chest that made my forehead hurt.

"Hey, that hurts!" I push him away. 'I am now angry and I think you need to be punished...' I then smirk evilly as I grabbed his smooth cheeks and pinched it really hard. It's suprisingly soft as I then began poking his cheeks. Annoyed, he grabbed a hold of my hands as he sighed. Once he let go, I crossed my arms and pouted.

"You are indeed not the Erica I knew. Well then, I'll be spending time with you since my father ordered me." He coughed as he quench his thirst with tea.
"The king?"

The door suddenly opened and another handsome man appeared. With fiery red hair and violet eyes, he was like fire and his eyes was looking at me. "There you are!" He went near me and realized, Cristopher is here.

"Good afternoon your highness, have you come to visit my sister?" He asks. I think they're friends?

"Yes, my father ordered me to check up on her and spend quality time with her." He explained. 'Why am I engage to a prince? Did she manipulate the king and queen or something?'

"Why am I engaged to a Prince?" I asked Ellen, my trustworthy informant.

"Your mother is actually friends with the queen. And I think your father also know the king since they both used to be adventurers and met each other and formed a party." She explained. 'Terrible... to have your parents be friends with your  friends with your in-laws when you want to break the engagement...'

'I need to break the engagement. But how can I convince them and make them totally say yes. Should I go with the same excuse like the women is the stories when they are forced to be engaged?' I gritted my teeth in frustration.

Somewhere in a castle deep within the dark forest...

A demon with a crown on its head smiled evily as he watches the girl with pastel violet hair and sharp dark violet eyes, struggle with her new life to find the demon king.

"I'll see you soon. Entertain me, Erica." He cackled making the beings that was near the castle shiver in fear of the demon king laughing.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Hello my lovely Flowers!

Author here, just wanted to let you know that our Erica still doesn't know she's in an otome game. The demon that transported her is actually a part of the game but a god decided to make this world real and so the demon has real thoughts and feelings.

Thanks for reading btw, bye~

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡