Hope - 16

Erica's POV

I look up at the ceiling as tears started dribbling again down. I held the dagger tightly, but it began shaking. I then saw the Minotaur holding a familiar white body. It was lying still, and covered in blood.

'Takeo?!'

I dropped down and tried to reach out my hand to him. His soft, smooth, silver fur was disheveled, dirty, and red. I lost all feeling and dropped the dagger and sat down on the floor, looking at Takeo.

'I never should have brought him here. I should have left him.'

I hit the ground as hard as I can. I bit my lips at the pain but I couldn't stop hitting the ground even if it hurts.

"Ho ho ho. Well, I guess he tried to save you but now he's gone too. Thanks to you." He threw Takeo's body on the ground. I yelled in anger and attacked my most powerful spell at him.

"I, Erica request the strength of the Phoenix, burn my enemies to ashes. <<Phoenix Strike>>" A Phoenix of fire in the color of blue began to leave my hands and flew straight towards his direction like a bullet. But before he could dodge, I summoned a quick wall of flames surronding him.

"I, Erica wished to trap my enemies if flame <<Fire Wall>>" a 1 meter thick fire wall surronded him as he took it by suprise. I quickly threw the dagger that was supposed to kill me and threw it at him. He went backwards as he tried to shield his face but there was a wall there and he yelled out in pain. He rolled in the ground and tried to put out my fire but it won't disappear.

"Labrynths are known to cause your mind to go crazy and nuts. I have been practicing to become an actress since I arrived in this world, and everything I do is flawless. You couldn't even tell that if it was real or not." I stood up from the ground and dusted off the dust from my clothes. I stood up proudly and put my chin up. "You should have known to never mess with me."

He looked at me in rage, as he mouthed something to the ceiling. He turned to ashes after his final yell of pain. I covered my nose from the stinky smell of Minotaur ashes and the ground suddenly started to shake.

The walls were going down and I saw Takeo thare, lost, helpless and tears sprouted suddenly. When he saw me, he ran up to me and hugged me.

"I-I-I" He stuttered. I shushed him and began to cradle him in my arms. He began to relax and his tears stopped falling. His ears and tail were now wagging but he then fell asleep after a few minutes in my arms.

'It must be night time. I guess we'll make our camp here for now.' I thought as I carefully dropped Takeo on the cold ground and began putting the sleeping bags.

**********

Christopher's POV

It was evening as the moon was smiling down upon us, like it was mocking us for being small. The forest was silent and no noise can be heard. Only the soft snores of Robert, Phoenix, and Harrison's. I heard small, light foot steps from behind me and saw Rose, with her hair tied into a messy braid smiling at me..

"Are you okay? It is our first mission but it's fairly easy." She sat beside me in the log.

"I'm okay. I'm just- enjoying the forest I guess..." I looked at her pretty kitten-like blue eyes.

"I guess? You should sleep. We finished killing the goblins so we need enough energy to go back to the Adventurer's guild. I don't want you to get tired, okay?" She smiled at me as she carresed my hands. It was like Erica's but hers were warm and it made me fuzzy.

'Wait- why am I thinking of Erica? She's bad! She pushed Rose! I won't forgive her...'

"Okay. You sleep first. Just let me relax for a while okay?" She nodded and went back to her own tent as I sighed and breathed in the fresh night air. I feel like something odd will happen.