i.

"it kinda sucks that you aren't famous! you have so much talent that everybody needs to see!" anne sat on her floor tuning one of her many ukuleles while her friends sat on her bed. "you can seriously make money off of that! i mean look at ruby and jane, making a name for themselves by making youtube videos!" at that moment, an idea popped into all four of their heads.

"i'll grab my camera! you are going to be the next gilbert blythe!" anne didn't like the whole idea of being famous but she did like making money doing what she loved.

that's the day anne made her first youtube video, singing "we don't believe what's on t.v." by twenty one pilots. of course she didn't blow up over night, it actually took a few days.her first like came three days after uploading. she was in math class on a rainy day when she received her first comment. two months and seven covers later, she hit 1,000 subscribers! she keeps track of her milestones in a yellow journal covered in drawings that she writes songs in. for example, on august 26th, 2018, she played in front of her first crowd. the local coffee house that ruby's brother owned. that is where she would play every thursday night. she formed a crowd every night with new faces.

she set up her newly bought camera and grabbed her yellow ukulele. "fly me to the moon. let's do this!" she turned the camera on and began to strum along to her favorite song as a child. little did she know that this video would change her whole life.

wednesday night, 10:12 p.m. anne sat on her laptop editing next weeks video of her singing a billie eilish song when her phone began to ring. diana. she silenced her phone and went back to editing when it rang again. "listen diana, i am editing! i will call you b-"

"ANNE SHIRLEY-CUTHBERT, CHECK TWITTER RIGHT NOW! HOLY SHIT!" quickly she clicked the app, seeing thousands of people following her on both twitter and instagram. "DID YOU SEE IT?" she got through all the new notifications and saw a tweet that made her heart stop.

"DUDE GILBERT BLYTHE LIKES MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL! HE BASICALLY JUST GAVE ME A SHOUT OUT." texts from random people were flooding her phone.

"SHIT, ANNE, WRITE SOMETHING BACK!" she was shaking. "I'LL CHECK YOUR YOUTUBE!" anne's hands wrote a short but sweet reply, thanking him. "250,000 SUBSCRIBERS AND COUNTING!" her whole world was changing just because of a silly tweet.

a post notification for instagram appeared on her screen. gilbertblythe has started following you. "he followed me on instagram. HE FOLLOWED ME ON INSTAGRAM!"

"FOLLOW HIM BACK!" with the quick click of a button, fame took over anne shirley-cuthbert's life.