viii.

anne was happy yet sad.

today, her best friend was leaving her to go home. to say she shed a few tears was an understatement. they spent the whole night crying while jane and ruby tried to calm them down. these two have never been separated a day in their lives.

"i'm going to miss you, curly shirley!"  they held each other for the last time. "please, come home soon. i can't go a day without hearing your voice. it will seriously be the death of me." 5 minutes until she had to get on that plane. on 5 minutes left with her sister. "i love you, please don't forget about me, hollywood."

they both tried to hide their tears with fits of laughter. "love you more." they seperated and anne ran straight to marilla. "thank you so much. marilla, i promise to make you and matthew proud. i love you oh so much."

"please do not set anything on fire, dear. we can't have another fire happen when you attempt to cook." she kissed her head. "please, be safe and call me everyday. anne, never stop with this music career of yours! that ukulele of yours has made you the happiest girl i know. good luck."

and just like that, the two most important women in her life were gone. going back home on a plane. she walked out of the airport, tear stained eyes. "anne shirley? oh my goodness i am your biggest fan! can i have a picture, please?" her heart stopped. her first fan.

"yes!" she posed next to the tall girl, smiling even though she was just crying not even 2 minutes ago. "stay true, beautiful! love my fans!" she gave her a quick squeeze and walked away. "shit, i do not have a ride."

ruby<3 no answer.

jane;) no answer.

the only two people she knew in this city, not answering. then, the thought of the boy who gives her butterflies in her stomach whenever he looks at her. "hey gil! i know this is very short notice but i am stranded at lax with no ride. can you pretty please pick me up and drop me off at my dorm?"

"yeah, i would love to! i can even help you unpack if you want?" he grabbed his keys while she talked on the phone. "cool! be right there! bye!"

"who was that?" willow sat next to autumn, finishing an episode of 'gossip girl'.

"anne. she needs a ride to her dorm. i'll be right back!" he wanted to leave before she could start to argue with him. willow began to get jealous and annoyed whenever gilbert brought up anne, which was a lot.

you know, anne can play this song on the ukulele?

or, oh my goodness anne would love this!

and frankly willow was sick of it. her boyfriend always talking about or with another girl. "whatever, goodbye."

he ran to his car as it began to rain. he drove all the way to lax to see a semi soaked red hair girl. "hurry, get in!" she gave him a quick hug, leaving his black shirt a little heavier. "sorry, traffic was a little hectic. so where to?"

the rain picked up, pouring down on the streets of los angeles. the car radio played frank ocean on a low volume as the two talked. they talked about her new school, her new 'famous' life, and how she has nothing in her dorm room.

"me, you. target trip! how about next weekend? i'm free everyday." she began to hum along to 'thinkin bout you'. "please play me a song on your ukulele. just one!"

she blushed, remembering how her ukulele got her into all of this. "i promise!" she held her pinky up and connected the two together. 

they ran into her dorm, barely getting wet. "here, pick this box up. this is all i have left really. they just dropped it off." he struggled to pick it up. "are you serious? does that camera of yours not give you any muscle? here i got it but first turn around." quickly, she snapped a picture of him. uploading it to snapchat. "let's go unpack!"

✵willow was pacing around the room

willow was pacing around the room. "you are kidding me! look what she posted on her story! he said she was only giving him a ride!" her brown locks were tied into a messy bun at the top of her head.

willow sat on the couch next to autumn. her sighs of frustration filled the house. "willow, i'm trying to finish this episode. so shh!"

her thoughts wandered onto what her boyfriend was doing with anne. how could he become friends with her that quickly? she's not that special! she's a nobody! "is she prettier than me? be honest. like, so pretty that your own boyfriend would leave you?"

autumn paused the tv, turning to willow. "don't worry about them, willy. they are just friends! you are one of the most beautiful girls i have ever seen in my life and if gilbert cannot see that he is blind!" her hand touched her exposed shoulder due to the tank top she was wearing. their eyes met and just kept looking at each other.

in that moment, autumn just wanted to kiss the gorgeous girl in front of her. the girl she has wanted since she laid eyes on her at josie's 16th birthday party. autumn just wanted to spend every moment by willow's side, making her happy and show her how she deserves to be treated. not like how gilbert treats her. autumn doesn't hate gilbert, he just doesn't deserve her beauty and grace.

autumn leaned in, wanting to attach lips when her phone beeped. "holy crap, josie and clark are done! look!" she shoved the phone in the clearly frazzled girl's face.

"oh no, how tragic." autumn's voice lacked an empathy. she was so close yet so far from achieving her goal. "listen, i have to go. call me tomorrow?" the air was awkward as she left without giving her a hug. body contact was the last thing she needed with willow.

anne and gilbert sat on the floor of her tiny room. boxes scattered everywhere as they sorted through a few. "yeah, matthew packed me a few things and sent them over. not the safest thing but i still have some of my things." her eyes laid on her ukulele. "still want that song?"

"yes!" he grabbed his camera as she grabbed her ukulele, taking her seat right in front of him. she strung a familiar tune that gilbert could not remember. she was going to start to sing until his phone began to ring. "shit, hold on."

he stepped out into the hallway, answering clark's call. "man, what?"

a sniffle came from the other line. "we broke up. josie and i are done. can you and the guys please come over?" he looked back at the door where anne sat and back at his phone.

"give me a half hour." he ran back inside to see anne talking to his camera. "clark and josie broke up. i have to go see him. put that song on hold?" she nodded with a slight smile. "okay, vlog, say bye to anne." he waved goodbye and hugged her. "text me." he ran out to comfort his broken hearted best friend even though he wanted to spend time with her.

autumn: my gay bean:)