xvi.

YOUTUBE STAR, ANNE SHIRLEY-CUTHBERT, AND BOYFRIEND, SAWYER SMITH, BROKEN UP!?

GILBERT BLYTHE BREAKS UP SAWYANNE!?

ANNE SHIRLEY-CUTHBERT SEEN ALONE AT "CRUSH" MOVIE PREMIERE!

that's all that gilbert saw on his feed. anne and her now 'ex-boyfriend'. he didn't believe any of it. he wouldn't until he heard it from anne herself though he did have hope they did.

he's been on a break for a month now. he did miss filming everyday but he needed this for his mental health. he needed this before the tour that was coming up in a week. he knew he had to end the break before then but he didn't know how.

KNOCK KNOCK. his silent, empty house echoed the knocks coming from his front door. he ran to see who it was. probably charlie or xavier, sometimes ethan would stop over with jerry but they had been so busy with the tour he never saw them. "listen, xavier, i am not lea-" he was shocked to not see his best friend but to see his ex-girlfriend, willow. she smiled and sighed. "w-willow?" they haven't talked since the break-up where gilbert threw her out.

"please don't slam the door on my face." gilbert's eyes were fixed on the luggage behind her. "oh, i just got off my flight from canada. i was filming up there. can i come in? please." he nodded, opening the door wider for her to come in. before he could even speak she opened her mouth again. "i am sorry. gilbert, what i did to you was horrible and i realize that now. i couldn't stop thinking about how i wasn't honest with you on the plane. b-but you weren't either, so we are both at fault there. what i'm trying to say is, i've come to terms with who i am." she closed her eyes and sighed, blowing her brown bangs around. "i am bisexual and i am in love with autumn. wow, i never thought i could admit that. but i guess i did. i-i'm just so scared. what is everyone going to say? what about my parents? i won't be hired or-" she placed her hand on his. "please say something."

gilbert just sat there, silent. of course he knew there was something odd going on with them. it was answered after he caught them but she admitted it. his eyes met her blue ones, they were full of fear. all he could do was hug her. he brought her into a tight embrace and she let a tear slide. "thank you." she pulled apart and wiped her tear. "please don't think i didn't love you because i did. you were my first love, gilly." she smiled, causing him to smile.

"i love you so much. i'm proud of you. wil, you will always have a safe place here. with the guys and everyone. you seem happier now that you are with her. really, you do." he hugged her again. "when are you going to tell everyone?"

"now." she pulled out her phone and with a few clicks, a look of relief came over her. "i thought this over on the plane ride home with autumn. i couldn't do it without her. or you." and like that, the world blew up. america's sweetheart is gay and she was proud. yes, there was some hate but mostly positivity. her phone was blowing up with calls and texts but she ignored them. "another reason i came here was because of anne." the fact that she said her name without looking disgusted, shocked him. he didn't answer, just stared straight ahead. "c'mon gil, i know you love her."

"i do. i really do." he fell back on the couch. "i told her that but she yelled at me and then her boyfriend punched me in this face."

she scrunched her face. "is that what happened that night? when your face was all bloody?" he nodded and laughed. "first of all, sawyer is a asshole! second, ex-boyfriend." she mischievously smiled.

"no, no, no. that could be fake. you know how the tabloids make fake stories."

"gilbert, you don't know until you ask her yourself! you seem miserable without her and she seems miserable without you." he snapped his head towards her. "i went to the "crush" movie premiere and saw her before i went to canada. it was only her and cole, no sawyer. she seemed upset and lost. probably because she realized she is with the wrong guy!" gilbert was about to say something when she cut him off. "go to her. she is at cole's."

"b-but what if she turns me down again? what if she hates me and never wants to see me again?"

"you won't know until you go." with that, he was out of the house and speeding down the street.

anne flipped through the netflix rom-com movie section when cole came in on the phone. "alright, talk to you tomorrow. bye, xavier." cole and clark are done. ever since their break up, xavier has been popping up at cole's house more than usual. anne smirked and batted her eyelashes, causing cole to blush. "shut up! he is just a friend! did you find a movie yet?"

"ahh, changing the subject quickly are we?" he threw a pillow at her. "we have "the kissing booth", "to all the boys i loved before", or "set it up". i have seen all of them so your pick."

"i like "set it up"!" the microwave beeped in the other room and cole shot up. "that's the popcorn! i'll be right back. just start the movie!"

"cole, is it weird that i fing glen powell so hot? i don't know why he just is!" cole made a weird gagging noise. she grabbed her phone and opened instagram. "hey, pretties! end a debate between myself and cole! is glen powell hot? i think he is, cole is just weird!" she laughed and put her phone down. "cole, seriously what is taking you so l-" she turned her head to see cole standing next to sawyer.

"look who was at the back door! sawyer!" he said unenthusiastically. an awkward tension was in the room as anne refused to make eye contact with sawyer. "ya know, i have to pee." he ran into the bathroom.

he turned a light on, making the room brighter. "why have you been ignoring me? i've been texting you everyday since the day of that stupid premiere! now people think we are broken up! you are mine." he went up to her and brought her in his arms, kissing her but she pushed him away. she heard a car door slam and speed down the street but that was the least of her worries.

"first of all, i am not yours. i am not some possession. second, why don't you ask josie? she seems to know everything." she said in a snarky voice, leaving him surprised. "didn't think i would find out, huh? thought it was your little secret! well, i found out!"

"i was drunk, she was drunk. it was a mistake, i thought we broke up!" he ran his fingers through his golden brown locks.

"then how did josie remember, huh? how come i had to hear it from josie first before you, huh? you cheated on me. you fucking cheated on me!" tears started leaving her eyes. "i-i actually thought we had something going for us! i mean, we went on that fucking tour together! i thought that was enough but i guess not." they both stood in silence. "leave. i don't want to be near you anymore. i don't want to be with someone who keeps secrets from me! who cheats! gilbert wouldn't do that, would he? we are over. there i said it! so go hook up with whoever you want! i don't give a shit! this time it wouldn't count as cheating." she grabbed the necklace that laid on her chest. it wasn't really a necklace. it was the guitar pick that he used the night he first sang for her at cole's concert. they put their initials in it. "take it. i don't want it." with that, he left her alone on the couch crying.

she reached for her phone and went to a contact she has been wanting to call for what seems like years. her thumb hovered over the call button but she soon put her phone down. cole came walking in and hugged her. she sobbed deeper into his chest as he held her tighter.

gilbert pulled up to cole's house and got out of his car happily, knowing he could finally get the girl. he smiled seeing anne in the window and looked down at the sunflower bouquet he got her. she looked like she was talking to someone. that someone came into view, sawyer. his face fell when he saw them come closer and kiss. they weren't over. they were far from over. he knew it was too good to be true. him and anne finally ending up together. he bit his lip and chucked the flowers across the yard. he slammed his car door shut and backed his car out of the driveway so fast, it made a noise. he left her, even more heartbroken than before.

HEY!! sorry about not updating:/ i've been super duper busy with school!! but summer is coming:) and this book is almost done wow...ANYWAY enjoy lovies! i don't know about this chapter but let me know what ya think! love ya<3