xiv.

"final tour tonight!" the crowd got loud. "i know! but i want to invite someone very special out to sing this last song. anne!" the crowd cheered her on as she walked onto the stage. "final song of the night will be sung by her!"

she stood in front of the microphone with her ukulele and smiled. "this song is dedicated to a special boy." she began to play a new song she had written. "you always keep me guessin. you always do the unexpected. you always-" she looked up and saw only one person in the audience. gilbert. it was only them. no sawyer.

he smiled and began to walk towards her. when the song was finally over, he went to her ear. "you can't stop thinking about me, can you? i mean you wrote a song for me." she smiled at him. he cupped her cheeks and pulled her close. "anne i-"

"anne! anne!" sawyer shook her awake. "we are at the last pit stop before we go straight home. so, i suggest you come in." she rolled her eyes and threw a pillow at him. "whatever." things have been tense around sawyer and anne for a week but she was glad the tour was coming to an end. the tour was only a month long so she could finish her senior year.

she quickly called diana. "another dream about gilbert? do you know what this means, y-"

"it was just a dream it doesn't mean anything! i'm not t-thinking about him or anything." she cut her off, beginning to blush. she knew she was lying and so did diana.

"when people show up in your dreams it's not because they want something from you, it's because you want something from them." anne remained quiet, knowing she's been caught. the tour bus door opening broke the awkward silence between the best friends. "call me later and remember to film today!"

the call ended and sawyer came up to anne. "i'm going to nap so if you film, keep it down." he kissed her cheek and went into the other room of the bus.

she set the camera up. "hey guys, today's song is dedicated to someone special. 'because im in love with you' by billie eilish, a song i have been singing for weeks!"she sang the song with only one person crossing her mind, gilbert.

"so, how does that sound gilbert?" ethan said, breaking gilbert out of his thoughts of anne.

"i'm down. this will be amazing! we can discuss special merch for this tour later." he shook hands with their manager. "can't wait!" he high fived his buddies.

"yo jane just texted the groupchat. check it out." xavier said, packing his bag.

jane: hey kitty girls! anne will be back today and ruby wanted to surprise her at our place! please show up at 6:30:)

the guys all looked at gilbert. "i'm busy tonight but you guys go. have fun." no word from anne after he told sawyer to talk to her. he was sick and tired of waiting. he was going to walk out when charlie stopped him.

"you can't run away from her your whole life." he just shook it off. "text us if you need anything." he nodded and walked out of the building. he then told the world about the tour and it blew up in minutes. all of his fans tagging him in posts made him so happy. he pulled up to his house and went into his office to do work.

a notification went off for youtube an hour into doing his work. "because im in love with you//ukulele cover" he knew he shouldn't but he had to listen. "hey guys, today's song is dedicated to someone special." he cringed knowing it was about sawyer. the song was beautiful, as usual.

hours passed when he realized he missed her. a lot. he needed to see her. he drove to jane and ruby's house. cars were parked everywhere. he walked in and saw jane and ethan on the couch, kissing. "ewww gross!" jane blushed while ethan flipped him off.

"outback, now, blythe." he grunted. gilbert laughed. music played so loud while everyone stood around a fire and there she was, under sawyer's arm. it felt like the world stopped when they made eye contact. the music stopped, everyone was gone. it was just them and only them. all he could do was smile as he walked towards xavier and charlie. charlie was texting someone and xavier stared at cole who was kissing clark.

"look what i got!" jerry said pulling a bottle of liquor out.

"hit me!" sawyer said holding his cup out which clearly made anne upset. almost everyone took some except for anne and gilbert. cup after cup, everyone was getting drunk. sawyer the most. at this point he was mumbling nonsense. anne tried to take the cup away from him but it made him angry. "i need this, anne! being on a tour bus with you for a month deserves a drunk night." he laughed while anne just sat silently, clearly upset. causing gilbert to get angry. he went on about different things that happened with anne while on tour. then he got to the one which anne didn't know he knew about. "one night, this is the funniest part, i heard her saying gilbert's name in her sleep. that man right there!" he pointed. "the dude who confessed his love to my girlfriend then punched me!" the group went silent and looked towards gilbert. he threw his cup at sawyer and walked out.

he went to his car with someone tailing him. "wait, gill, please wait!" he turned around and looked at the girl who has broken his heart multiple times. "talk to me please. let me know what's going on inside your mind."

"you wanna know? i am in love with you but you are in love with an asshole who doesn't deserve you! i'm done. i've tried talking to you but you never answered! then i come to see you before you leave with him and you never text me reassurance or anything! i am done anne! i am done trying! first, willow is making out with autumn then you leave me! was it true? the dream? or was he saying it to mess with me? a little joke you have to mess with me. god, i thought you cared!"

"the dream was true! multiple dreams. but don't you say i didn't care! i will always care about you! now i-is just a messy time but it will get better! just don't blame him."

"if you really care, tell me to stay and i will stay. tell me you love me because i know you do. i need the truth more than ever now." she stayed silent. "whatever, bye anne. have fun with the life i helped you with." he drove off leaving anne in tears.

she ran into the house looking for her boyfriend. he stood with his friends, laughing. she pulled him away into the house where they could be alone upstairs. anne stared into his eyes. "he came to see me and you didn't tell me! you asshole! call me when you sober up and become the sawyer i thought i knew. i can't believe you right now! just leave me alone!" she took his keys and went to his car crying.

sawyer leaned back against the wall and sighed. "sawyer, are you okay?" josie stumbles up the stairs. "where's anne?" she was just as drunk.

"i don't know. i think anne just broke up with me?" she put her hand on his shoulder and he laid his head on it. he then kissed it, leaving josie surprised. he then kissed her, he didn't know what he was doing but he didn't care. "we shouldn't be doing this." he said breaking away.

"totally shouldn't be." she leaned in and kissed him again while the music from the party outside blasted.