§ THREE §

One year later...

Corbyn POV

Today's my birthday
And you're still not there....

Everyone else was there for my 19th birthday. We were just waiting on Zach to get here. I was still with him since he promised me that he would get better go to rehab for his alcohol problem. I was in Jonah's arms waiting for him. He came in and he smiled at everyone and I jumped in his arms and he gave butterfly kisses all over my face....

I woke up from my dream and I was depressed. I saw Jonah was laying in the bed and I took in the melancholic feel in the air.

It was my birthday once again.... I hate my birthday. I hope that my dream would come true today. Cause Zach said that he would going to rehab and getting help.

Hours had passed and no response from Zach but I got one from Isla and Jack.

"♪♪Your turning 19 and you are a singing queen!Happy birthday to you Corbean!!!" Isla and Jack sang to me. They were so cute!

" Aww thank you guys! At least someone cares for my birthday. " I saw Isla's smile fade a bit. she was there when Zach started to choke me at their house when visiting Syd. She probably is scared to be around him. And she was there when Daniel commited suicide. She tried to stop him before he jumped. The kid has seen way too many sad things.

Sat crossed legged by the phone
It's 2 AM, the candles all burned out....

It was over and the party had ended. He never showed up again!
I was feeling helpless at this point the bruises on my body throbbed. I sat near my phone waiting for at least one text.

It is killing me that he doesn't even know that I am suffering so much. My family is tired that I don't even listen to their pleas. Jonah is tired of picking me up form him just for me to go right back. My body aches from the injuries, but his kisses heal my wounds. Why can't you just leave him?!!

Those words swirled in my head as I felt even more tired with every passing moment. I wanted Jonah, to hear his laugh, to cheer me up make me forget Zach. But I wanted Zach and his charisma and ability to make you feel like a dork. I wanted both but couldn't have it... I couldn't give the one person who did both of those things what they wanted and now I can never do that....

And I could pretend that it's okay
I understand, but I don't.....

"Hey Corbyn! Are you okay? Is there something bothering you? But can you make this fast? I have to go to to my mom's and help her with yard work " Zach asked my one day when he wasn't sloppy drunk. He looked like he was lying with the last part.

"Yeah I am fine...It isn't like I miss our cuddles or when you would take me ice skating for my birthday and actually said those two words... If you need to go to her then so be it." I whispered hugging him. Before he left , I smelled a girlish perfume smell and I thought it was probably just Christina since he worked with her.

"Is that a new cologne?"

" Uhh .............yeah it is I wanted to try a sweeter smell for you! "

" Oh okay then love you! " I loved the new cologne it was flowery and light.

He should wear it more often.