9

~Savannah~

I wake up to a heavy feeling in my back. I guess that's what I get for having so many back aches. I sit up and look around. It's dark. I check the clock and see that it's nine o' clock.

What day is it again? Oh right. Saturday. Wait. That means they're having the bonfire already.

I sit up. Or rather, I struggle and try with all my strength, to push myself up in bed. It's been so long since I've had this struggle. I've gotten used to the carrying of my body and swinging myself or pushing myself around. But it's been so long since I had to exert all my strength and effort in bed too.

I'm panting by the time I'm actually sitting and I look around my room again. Something catches my eye.

I push myself to the edge of the bed, gritting my teeth the whole time. I stop once I'm in reach of the nightstand and I see a small box.

I open the box and see the necklace and bracelet Nate once gave me. There's a new pretty seashell in the box with them and I smile as I rub its smooth surface.

How did he get them though? I look at the shelves and see the box containing the seashells I collect. It looks untouched.

I close the box and place it back on the stand, now looking around for my wheelchair. It's not here.

I stay still to hear if Rose or Oak might be near but I don't hear them either. They must be outside with everyone else.

I grab my phone from the nightstand and call Sierra.

"Hello?"

"Sierra can you and Skylar help me? The wheelchair's not here and I think Rose and Oak are with you guys."

"Oh, right! Sorry. Hang tight. We'll be there."

In five minutes, they're at my doorway with the wheelchair. Rose and Oak are sadly nowhere to be seen.

"Where are my loyal help dogs when I need them?" I mumble, making my two older siblings laugh.

Skylar helps me into the wheelchair and Sierra pushes me. It takes longer than usual now that we're all more careful with my back.

"Sierra. Before we head out, I have a question." I say suddenly. Sierra stops pushing and Skylar looks at us.

"How did Nate get the necklace and bracelet?" I ask, not betraying any emotion. I wait for her and when I see her face slowly changing to a calming and teasing expression, I know she's helped.

"You already know Sav." She replies, her smile soft.

"Thank you." I say, my smile matching hers.

"Uh, what just happened?" Skylar asks, not moving until we tell him what just happened.

Sierra and I share a look and laugh.

"Seriously. What happened?" Skylar's not please that he's being left out of this conversation.

"Should we tell him?" Sierra asks, a teasing look on her face.

"Sierra helped Nate get the old shell necklace and bracelet he once gave me. They put it in a small box along with a new shell he got and placed it on my nightstand." I explain quickly with a shrug. "Let's go Sierra."

We move past a stunned Skylar and share another laugh as he follows zombie like.

"Are you serious?" We hear him mumble.

"Yes, Skylar." Sierra says. She whispers something to him that I can't catch but he's suddenly smiling real wide.

We make it to the platform and I scan the faces for him.