21

~Savannah~

"This isn't the end. Only a new beginning to a new life for you. My daughter, there is more in store. I love you. Trust me."

I open my eyes and see a white ceiling. I don't feel the strong presence of the Father anymore but instead feel the Holy Spirit.

I smile to myself as I see my entire family, biologically and not, on their knees and staring at me.

They shout and praise God and I hear the monitor changing to a normal heart beat.

The door opens and a doctor comes in followed by Julia and the team. The room's soon crowded and full packed so some sit on the floor.

All their faces are wet with tears but their smiles are happy and grateful.

"How long was I out?" I ask, my voice hoarse and quiet.

"An hour and a half." The doctor replies. I smile at Doctor Beth. "Hello Savannah. God must have some big plans for you with you surviving another life and death situation."

I smile.

"You were gone for an hour." She adds. She looks around and sees a packed room. She smiles. "I'll check up on you later okay?"

When she leaves, Fila's the first to hug me. She even beats my parents and siblings.

"Oh, Savannah. I barely made it down and honestly thought the worst for you. I was praying the whole way down though." She whispers.

I hug her back with my left arm. I admit that I had a small glimmer of hope that my body would be fully restored now. I guess God has better plans. My right arm stays glued to the bed, no nerves rushing or pain erupting.

I smile anyway. "Told you we'd make it."

She pulls away and sits back down in the chair beside me.

My mom and Sierra sit on the bed with me and dad and Skylar stand on either side.

Tears fall down their faces and I know it's no longer from fear or pain but joy and gratefulness.

"Oh, Savannah." Mom cries as she buries her head on my shoulder.

***
The Carlsons and James' stay until lunch, and I find out that they've all been here since one am.

I thank them and give last hugs before they leave. Nate stays and so does mom. Dad and my siblings have to leave me because it's still a weekday and they didn't ask for a leave.

I breath slowly, sometimes feeling a slight pain in my chest and back.

"Is there anything you want?" Nate asks, concern lacing his face.

I'm really amazed by how things have turned out this year. Who would've thought that moving farther away would bring us closer?

"Not really." I say.

"How about some fast food? I can get some drive thru." He suggests.

I look at mom and she shrugs. "Up to you, dear."

"You sure Nate?" I ask.

He nods and gets up. "I'll get your favorite."

I smile as he walks out.

"You two have gotten closer and we're all so happy." Mom says after a few minutes.

"Yeah. It's amazing." I say softly.

"I've been reading through articles." Mom says showing me the newspaper in her hand. "They still haven't found out who started it."