❅ 11 ❅

"Alright then, I guess I should start from the beginning," Veronica sighed. "When I was in New York and in freshman year, I was being bullied because now, everyone knew my father's actions. He went to jail for quote end-quote business reasons but I know that it wasn't just for that.

"I knew his secret in which my mom didn't. His secret was that he was basically manipulating kids into doing good biddings with him and then after a while, he would kill them—well, his hitmen will kill them— but, I don't know why." Veronica ended, fiddling with her fingers.

"For money, perhaps?" Jughead questioned.

"Yeah, maybe," Veronica looked up at Jughead. He finished his first cupcake and was now opening the container for the last one. "Anyway, they started calling me names like 'Daddy's Next Victim' or 'The Hitwoman' or 'T.O.W.K.T.K.' which means 'The One Who Killed The Kids.' and at first, I did cry when I got home because essentially, they're telling me that I killed kids in cold blood or I will be killed in cold blood but it just kept happening and there was no point of crying every night because it wouldn't cease.

"I would've loved to hit every single one of those kids," Veronica chuckled just even thinking about it, but then went back to her story. "but I knew that I would most likely get expelled because I have already been expelled twice, and that was the last high school I would go to before no other high school would take me.

"After a few weeks of that, a guy named Alex decided to become my friend—"

"Let me guess, was he one of those bullies trying to become your friend?" Jughead asked, cutting Veronica off.

"No, and it would be polite if you don't cut me off."

"Right, sorry."

"Anyway," Veronica rolled her eyes at Jughead who which grinned, "He was a great guy and since he was new at the school, he wanted to make new friends and he started seeing that I didn't have friends since I was being bullied."

"What month is it in your story now?"

"January-February-ish."

"Okay." Jughead gestured at Veronica lazily, telling her to continue.

"Around the middle of the semester, the nicknames started to stop because people started to realize it was a bit—no reallyannoying and I gained 2 more friends, Sarah and Emma. Then, I got a boyfriend named Nick but, I didn't register until I left that school to come to Riverdale that they were fake.

"After the end of school while I was in the car going to Riverdale, I said to myself that I would become a bit mean so I wouldn't be bullied again for being the new girl. It's like the cliché 'be bullied, become the bully', so that's why I decided to seem like I'm popular and that's why I was mean to you, Cheryl, and some other people.

"So, yeah. That's my secret on why I did the things I did to you."

Jughead was loss for words, but not shocked. He just didn't know what to say.

"I mean... we could become friends, if you want." Jughead stuttered.

After a long time of processing of what he said, Veronica replied with: "Sure." and gave a small smile with it.