Chapter 3

1/7/19

You woke up, hearing a strange whizzing above your head. Your eyes slowly began to open as you heard something chitter. Looking up, you saw a strange little robot hovering above you. It seemed to have metal, slotted spoons for a propeller that stuck out from the top of its long, slender cup body. It had cute eyes, one larger than the other.

It observed you as it floated above your head. You slowly sat up and cocked a brow, tilting your head in curiosity. It mimicked your actions, tilting to the side as it hovered. You didn't really remember ever seeing this robot before....

You slowly held up your hand, holding in front of the small robot. It looked at your hand curiosity before wrapping a flexible wire around your finger, which you assumed it was its arm. Its eyelids rose slightly, indicating a small smile as it chattered again. You gave it a weak smile in return.

You rose from the couch and winced, nearly sitting back down as you felt the pang in your stomach. It was almost constant at this point, but sometimes it just really struck some nerves! A sharp breath escaped your lips as you recomposed yourself. The robot sent you a small look of confusion.

Making your way to the table, you took a glance outside. The sun was just rising, only half of it peaking over the horizon. The sky was still filled with vibrant reds and pinks from the sunrise. You wished you could go outside and really see it for what it was. You sighed sadly as you began to pick up some small plates that had been left out at some point.

The little robot noticed your sadness and thought of a way to cheer you up. It zoomed over to you and snatched the plates from your hands. "Hey!" You hissed, unaware of what its intentions really were. It began to spin the plates on its wires, balancing them perfectly. It also juggled them every once in a while.

You watched the robot in awe as it worked its wonders. You felt a smile slowly tug at your lips, graciously growing bigger the more the robot showed off. Soon, you found yourself slightly giggling before it turned into quiet laughs. The robot noticed your change in demeanor and smiled with a chitter.

You picked up another plate off the table and eyed the robot, a smile on your face. It tossed one of the plates to you just as you threw your plate to it. It effortlessly caught the plate on the tip of one of its wire arms, and you caught the other plate between your fingers. You laughed as the two of you began to juggle the plates back and forth.

Meanwhile, Rodney was sitting awake in Fender's room. The red bot was still fast asleep, but Rodney just couldn't go back to sleep. Really, he barely slept at all. He couldn't help it as your words from last night swirled around in his head. He knew you didn't just want to go home; he understood that you desperately needed to.

However, he was broken from his thoughts as he began to hear giggling out in the main room. He quietly came out of Fender's room, seeing Wonderbot showing off in front of you. A smile made its way to Rodney's face as he saw your bright eyes watching his invention. He was rather shocked to find that the laughter was coming from you.

Seeing you with Wonderbot let him see you in a whole different light. Last night, you seemed lifeless and hopeless, almost like you just wanted to die right there on the couch. But now, you seemed lively and cheerful which Rodney had never seen before. He leaned against the wall, a smile remaining on his face as he watched you and Wonderbot juggling the plates.

At one point, Rodney couldn't help but chuckle as he watched you. Having been completely unaware of his presence, you and Wonderbot were startled to say the least. You nearly dropped your plate with a gasp while the little robot completely dropped his onto the table and he went out with a pop. He dropped onto the table with the plates, a small fizz coming from him. You and Rodney both flinched as the plates shattered on impact, hoping it didn't wake anyone.