Chapter 10

1/16/19

An unbearably loud ringing reverberated in your ears as your temple viciously throbbed. You hissed as you placed your palm against your forehead in a futile attempt to ease the pain. The dashboard of the security vehicles were much harder than they actually looked....

Your eyes darted this way and that in a flurry, your mind fuzzy from your dizziness and blurry vision. Everything seemed so much brighter for some reason, and so much so that your eyes found it hard to adjust to your surroundings. The intensity of the brightness mixed with the blurry and unstable vision was really messing with your head. Your body felt unnaturally weak, and you felt ready to throw up. Something warm was slowly dripping down from your forehead and your nose.

You heard what seemed to be voices, but you had no idea what they were saying. You couldn't identify any emotions or tones in the voices, and you couldn't make out any words. The voices not only seemed faint, but heavily muffled also. It probably had something to do with the ringing in your ears.

The voices got louder only slightly, and you thought you heard pounding beside your head. Your eyes continued to dart around everywhere, the blurriness never getting any clearer. The pounding got slightly louder before your heard the faint sound of metal being torn straight apart. Something grabbed your arms that felt rather familiar.

Your frail body allowed the source to gently pull you by your arms before eventually picking you up bridal style. A light blue blur came into your vision as you were lifted off the ground. The colors seemed familiar, but your vision was too blurry to even make out any faces or expressions. However, it all seemed very familiar. It was something that just felt....right.

The voices continued as the ringing continued in your ears, but now you could've swore you heard panicked and worried tones. It almost sounded like they were saying your name, but you couldn't tell otherwise. You felt a cold hand gently caress your cheek. The blue of the hand was the same light blue as the person holding you.

"(Y/N)!" You heard a small yet clear voice cry out. "Are you okay? Please answer!"

You began to blink more, trying to stop the blurriness of your vision. It seemed the more you blinked, the brighter everything around you became. You wanted to respond to the desperate voice calling to you, but your brain was too jumbled to allow any words to escape your lips.

"(Y/N)!" You heard another voice exclaim. Unlike the first voice, this one sounded female. "I'm so sorry! Please forgive me!"

"Why isn't she answering?" Another voice asked. "She's awake, isn't she?"

"I don't know what's wrong!" The first voice answered with a slight crack. "(Y/N)!"

You clenched your eyes shut, letting a small scream of agony slip out as you felt a sharp pang come to your stomach and the throbbing in your head intensified. One of your hands shot up to your forehead, firmly pressing the palm to your skin.

"Oh no!" The female voice shrieked. "Rodney, what's going on?"

"I don't know!" The first voice responded hastily. "Please, stay with us, (Y/N)! Focus!"

You slowly opened your eyes, bearing with the pain in your head and stomach as you tried to focus on the light blue blur in front of you. Your gaze turned into a firm glare as you locked your eyes. The world soon began to dimmer and the blurriness slowly subsided. Your surroundings soon merged into one solid, crisp foundation. You were finally able to make out the blue blur in front of you.

"R-Rodney?" You croaked out.

Your robot friend grew a giant, bright smile when you spoke. He laughed with sad, ecstatic relief as he stroked your cheek with his thumb. "Oh my god, you're okay!"