21. I'm Your Boss

He stepped out of the elevator, with Jason beside him, and they were surprised to find that the desks of those who quit, had been filed. Most of them returned, but the few that didn't had already been filled with new employees. Draven was talking to them, explaining a bit of how their work would go, and when he looked up, he met the gaze of both Jason and Eric.

Jason greeted him, "What's up boss? Glad to see you back."

"Glad to be back," Draven smiled, approaching them. He then turned to Eric, "How have you been?"

"Fine," Eric replied a bit dryly.

Draven nodded his head, and then turned away.

Jason chuckled, "You guys are broken up or something?"

Eric sighed, placing his belongings on his desk as he replied, "It's complicated." He was shocked to see Miranda on the floor as well, at her desk.

Frowning, Eric waited until Draven was back on the floor and heading to the office before ambushing him and saying, "You kept Miranda?"

Draven glanced around; the other workers were not paying attention, "You can't come in the office, the others will think we're being intimate: go back to your seat—"

"She ruined our lives, Draven."

"Eric," Draven's tone became stern, "I said go back to your seat."

"She's the reason we broke up—"

"Eric I said go back to your seat right now," his voice has reached a higher tone, very dark and menacing, that Eric shook his head and simply returned to his seat. He felt as if this was an ultimate betrayal from Draven, since Miranda had been the reason they were no longer together.

As he met her gaze, Miranda squirmed in her seat and brought her eyes back down to her computer, pretending as if she had not just met his gaze. Draven entered his office, and shut the door behind him, sighing as he threw his suit on the edge of his chair.

It was tough seeing Eric around, but he needed to let him make his decision by himself. The ball was no longer in his court, it was in Eric's, and it was his decision that would let him know what to play next.

Eric needed a breather; he headed down the elevator to the vending machine near the cafeteria. As he was buying himself a drink with a long sigh escaping his lips, he heard someone clear their throat behind him. Everyone eyed him whoever he walked, some with admiration, others with jealousy, but having someone talk to him about it was odd.

However, when he turned around and met Justin's gaze, he felt his body stiffen. Justin approached him with an apologetic smile, "Hi Eric."

"Hi," he breathed quietly, turning away from him to head towards the elevator.

Justin reached for his wrist, "Can we talk?"

Eric had not a clue what he would want to talk about, since their friendship and relationship was completely anguished. However, he nodded his head and followed Justin to the benches outside of the lobby.

Justin was the one to start the conversation, and it was with extreme news that Eric had not expected, "I'm dating Melissa."

He shook his head with an incredulous chuckle, "Great, thank you for letting me know."

As he tried to stand, Justin reached for his wrist again, "Please Eric."

"I'm not sure what you want to talk to me about—"

"Melissa's in the hospital."

His entire body went cold, stuffed so hard that he thought his bones would break by themselves. Not expecting to hear that, he rapidly sat back down beside Justin, his eyes widened in shock as he breathed shakily, "What happened?"

"Suicide attempt."

"Because of me—"

"No," Justin immediately said, "It's not because of you. She's been going through a lot, even work has not been the best for her."

Eric shook his head, "I have to go see her."

"She really wants to see you," but Eric had stopped paying attention. Instead, he raced back inside the building and hurried in the elevator. As it reached his floor, he began packing his belongings and knocked on Draven's door. It was only the third knock that Draven opened the door, and was seconds from saying, "You're supposed to go to my secretary first" when he realized it was Eric.

However, he frowned when he noticed his bag was wrapped around his shoulders. It was not even one of the afternoon, his shift was barely over, and Draven did not want to talk about anything related to their relationship or Miranda.

Eric seemed in a rush, "I have to go."

"Go where?" he asked, leaning against the door but not letting him in.

He looked around before leaning forward, whispering, "Melissa's in the hospital."

Draven paused for a moment, no emotions crossing his face before he raised an eyebrow, "And I should care...why?"

"I have to go see her."

"No," he laughed, "go after your shift. You're on my time right now."

"She's in the hospital, Draven."

"The same Melissa that had sex with your boyfriend, and is now dating your ex-boyfriend. That Melissa?" he shook his head, seconds from closing his door, "Go back to your seat."

"Draven," Eric appeared desperate, "come on—"

"Is Justin going to be there?" When Eric shrugged his shoulders, it was an immediate refusal from Draven, "Not a chance."

"Please."

"You're angry with me for keeping Miranda but you go back to the people that basically played you from the moment you became friends with them—"

"We're not together so you can't talk about that."

Draven's face fell, he glanced over Eric's shoulder for a moment before grabbing him by the collar and throwing him inside his office, shutting the door behind him and making sure to lock it.

He was not enjoying the way Eric was speaking to him.

"I thought we were fine," he said quietly, "what's the matter with you?"

"We are fine."

"You've been extremely dry with me lately, did I do something to bother you?"

Eric shook his head, biting his bottom lip, "No but—"

"The only reason I'm not doing anything is because you asked for space, and I'm giving you your space so you can't be mad at me for that," he said sternly.

"I know."

"Then why are you throwing it in my face that we're not together?"

He shook his head, "I'm sorry Draven, I just need to go see Melissa."

"And I said no," he hissed.

"Why not?"

"Go on your own time," he was not letting this go, "I have work to do, I can't give you special treatment just because I love you."

"Look," Eric chuckled with a shrug of shoulders, "I'm leaving to go see Melissa."

"I said no Eric, I'm still your boss—"

"Then how about you stop me?" he began marching backwards and reached his palm around the doorknob, opening the office door. Once the door was opened, and Draven did not want the employees to hear them fight, and simply watched as Eric left, entering the elevator and descending to the main floor.

He was extremely livid.