27. Bummer

Draven was shocked, losing his breath for a moment.

He had heard that she had been depressed, and had an attempt but that was weeks prior, when he was still on speaking terms with Eric.

Suddenly, his heart turned. The pain Eric must be feeling at such time was probably unimaginable, and Draven couldn't help himself to feel sorry for him. There were still feelings for Eric, and at that very moment, he wanted to wrap his arms around him, tell him it would be alright, and that he would get through this.

That they would get through this, together.

However, when he felt Adelina's hold squeeze, as she sarcastically commented, "Bummer! And we should care why?"

Eric's eyes turned to Adelina, then back to Draven. They all noticed that Eric's eyes were beginning to swell with tears as he spoke of Melissa.

"Visitations are this weekend, and the funeral is Monday," he breathed quietly, "I wanted to know if you would come with me—"

"Come with you?" Adelina chortled, raising an eyebrow and turning to Draven whom kept quiet, his expression unreadable. She laughed, "Why would he come with you?"

"She would've wanted me to be there," he ignored her, "but I don't know if I can go by myself."

Before Adelina could make another comment, Draven said, "Why don't you ask Justin?"

"He's so broken," Eric explained, "he can't even stand on his own two feet. I need you, Draven."

"Draven doesn't care about you anymore," Adelina snickered.

Eric shook his head, "I made the mistake of not being there for you, right? Don't make the same one."

"Or maybe you can learn to take care of yourself and move on, since Draven doesn't love you anymore."

"Is that true?" Eric turned to Draven, wanting to hear it from him, "You don't love me anymore? Can you say that?"

Adelina smirked, and then turned to Draven who simply stared at Eric, his face softened. He was merely thinking of the pain Eric must be going through. None of this was about love or his feelings, he wanted to make sure Eric was alright.

He tilted his head, "Are you okay?" When Adelina heard that, she squeezed his arm, but Draven ignored her.

When Eric heard that, the only thing he could do was burst into tears, as he slowly shook his head. He was not okay, not at all. However, before anything else could be said, the security guards bursted through the office door, and grabbed a sobbing Eric.

Draven protested, "Wait, he's with me—"

"He was fired Draven, he cannot be on the premises."

"He can stay in this office with me."

The security guard shook his head, "We can't have him in the building. Besides, you called us, meaning you felt unsafe. If something happened to you, it would be on us."

They grabbed the crying Eric and marched with him towards the exit, Draven staring at him with a saddened look.