🚀[Overwatch: Soldier 76]🚀

Just recently, Soldier 76 was released as gay in Blizzard's newest short story, "Bastet". The fan base is torn in half whether if they simply don't care or they don't approve of the sudden announcement - and so am I.

This is how I see it::

After revealing that Soldier 76 (aka Jack Morrison) was homosexual, I felt very skeptical about it and it left me with a bundle of feelings. First things first, I felt that it didn't really suit his character and that his sexuality in general shouldn't have been mentioned. I say that because when I first heard 'Soldier 76', reviewed his lore as well as listening to his voice lines, I feel as if the man is a loner who keeps walking on his own path to justice. Basically, in my personal terms, I see Jack as an Edgy McEdgelord who honestly deserves to be on his own road.  If he did have a boyfriend, girlfriend, husband or wife, I feel like he shouldn't be focused on that and nor should he be reminded of that. He already lost his family of Overwatch and he's just starting to get everyone back together again to defeat Talon.

The reason why I don't think it was right to release Jack's sexuality was also because it's kind of hurting the fan base and I don't speak of that in a homophobic sense. There's no way I can properly explain this part, though; I just feel Jack's sexuality should be left a mystery.

Another part of me is asking, "Why are you telling us this?" I ask that because I feel as if Blizzard should make a balance where they can focus on the lore and the future of Overwatch itself. Many players of the game ponder what's actually going to happen and what should or shouldn't happen. If you're wondering what I'm trying to say: I'm basically saying that players have nothing but questions like, "What is Talon's next move? Will Hanzo finally accept Genji? Will Sombra actually find out who runs the world? Will Windowmaker ever regain her emotions? Are Genji and Mercy actually a couple?"

Important things like that are questions that I feel as if are never going to be answered by Blizzard because they're so busy focusing on the lore of 29 different characters(and possibly more characters in the making) that they're not only making it harder for themselves but, leaving everyone with a cliffhanger that no one is ever going to solve or accept. I know that many people are saying things like, "Oh well, you asked for lore!"

To be truthful, I did not. In fact, I was actually okay with amount of lore I had and all I was focusing on is the future of Talon and Overwatch and if the Petra's Act is going to be reinforced. It's not fair that we're given such an explicit backstory of an organization up to the point where it could have it's possible comeback against Talon only for it to be put on pause. There are other important questions that do not relate to lore or a character's backstory.

In my opinion, I see it as an anime that focusses more on the flashbacks than the actual plot, exposition and (possible) resolutions. This is exactly why I play the game, to distract myself from the lore and things such as that, because I feel like the only actual update we'll get for the future of our main characters(Overwatch, Talon, etc.) will be a long time from now.

That ends my opinion for now. Thanks for reading!

 Thanks for reading!