hell 1

Camila approaches me in the small room. Her eyes are filled with determination. Everyone else takes a small step back, giving the brunette the space her dominance demands.

"Useful, how?" I question, looking into the eyes of the girl. They're fierce and unwavering—always determined. Camila always knows exactly what she wants, and she knows she will always get it. I wonder how she gained all of this confidence in herself. She must have some good support, and she has this group wrapped around her finger. I wonder if that's because of her own leadership, or their fear of someone higher.

Just as I am about to ask the question again because she didn't answer me, the door to the closet opens up and a large figure walks in. I take in the sight of the janitor in his normal attire, his arm crossed and his eyes on me.

"Ah... it's not what it looks like," is all I say. What does it look like exactly? I have no idea. But I don't want him getting any either.

"Good, you're here," he says, now looking at Camila. My brain short-circuits at the confusion. He's glad Camila's here? Why?

"We would have been sooner, but someone fucked up," Camila replies, side-eyeing Colson who rolls his eyes in return.

"You can deal with that later," the janitor comments, dismissing the situation like he holds all of the authority.

"Already dealt with," Camila adds in quickly. "I haven't had enough time to explain the details to her, just keep that in mind." Her. Me? Is she talking about me?

"You do that when I'm gone. Right now, the shipment is coming in and I need it relocated as soon as possible. You know we've had the feds on our backs for weeks. If this new plan doesn't work, we're going to be in some serious shit." The janitor turns to me when he's done talking, checking me out from head-to-toe before licking his lips. "She's a pretty one," he mutters, turning back to Camila.

"Lay off," Camila warns, but I can tell she's slightly hesitant when saying it.

That's when I understand. She's intimidated. Whoever this guy is, is more powerful than her. Looks like her dominance is getting in the way of her loyalty.

The janitor's eyes turn hard, and for a moment I see Camila's eyes in his. They look so similar; same shape, same colour. Almost as if the two are related somehow.

"Keep me updated on her progress," the janitor mutters before turning on his heels and walking out of the small room. Once the door is closed, everyone seems to let go of their breath all at once, as if they were holding it the entire time he was here.

"Who was that?" I ask, now knowing the so-called 'school janitor' is anything but.

"That is none of your concern right now," Camila snaps out of her haze. "We need to get you ready."

Time to be useful.

Camila's words replay in my head. What exactly did I get myself into here?

"Camila," Normani speaks up, hesitation in her voice. "Are you sure she's ready?" There's silence for a second, everyone is waiting for the brunette's response, even myself.

"She has to be."

With that statement, they all seem to snap out of whatever concerned trance they're in and jump into action. They all go to a shelf on the wall, pulling out boxes with different things inside. With their back to me, I can't see what they are handling, but it certainly doesn't sound good.

"Time to go," Lauren says, looking to Camila for confirmation. Camila spares her a quick nod before the team is out of the small room. Camila stays behind with me as they all filter out, but as soon as the last is out, she grabs my arm and pulls me along with them. I flinch a little at her strong grip but quickly ease into it as my mind is racing on a million different topics.