prophesy 1

Walking through the school hallways, my head has never hurt more. I don't know why I'm having this reaction. It's like I'm hungover... we didn't drink any alcohol, did we? I don't even remember.

I'm so out of it that I don't look where I'm going, and before long I crash into a firm chest and begin to fall backward from the strong impact. I know the collision on the ground is coming. I wait for the pain to spread through my back, up my arms, and down my legs. I wait for the laughter of students to fill the hallway as they watch my scramble to get up before someone can take advantage of me being down. But all that never comes.

Two arms wrapped around my waist and pull my chest into theirs. I place my hands there, feeling the toned muscle of the stranger's chest under my fingertips, a thin material separating my skin from theirs.

"Are you okay?" The voice is deep, manly and I look up to meet his forest green eyes. My breath hitches for a second at how close we actually are. He has plump lips for a chiseled-out jawline from the God's. His eyebrows are fleeking, and he has a small wrinkle on his forehead from looking down at me with concern.

"Yeah... thanks for catching me," I reply, feeling the need to step away immediately after. I've never seen him around the school, but then again, I don't really see anyone at school; just bullies. This guy is too perfect for me to be in his grasp, so I take a step back to create some distance.

"Sorry, I'm Leo... I've never seen you around before?" I raise an eyebrow. He's never seen me before? Everyone seems to know the 'freak' in the school. Has he not heard of me?

"I'm Y/N... I tend to keep to myself," I reply, not really wanting to go into any detail at the moment. Before Leo can say anything more though, I feel a hand being placed on my shoulder. I turn to see Ally with a soft, yet threatening smile.

"Everything okay over here, babes?" She asks in a cheery voice that is no doubt fake. Camila sent her here.

"Yeah, I just ran into Leo..."

"Sorry, that was my fault. I wasn't looking where I was going," the guy offers me a heart-warming smile, and I feel my insides melt. People this good looking should not be allowed on this planet.

"We should go," Ally insists, pulling my arm to get me to move. I do so, not understanding the vibes I get off this Leo guy. He looks a little too old to be in high school. But everyone in Camila's group is too old for high school, yet here they are, staying for business.

Ally walks ahead, and I begin to move behind her, but I stop when I hear Leo's next words.

"I'm sorry about your family." My eyes widen and I swing around to face him... but he's gone.

What was that?

The whole walk with Ally, all I can think about is Leo. I keep running into people and objects and mumbling 'sorry', and Ally would always double back to make sure I was okay, and no one started anything. It's funny; the girl looks so innocent and small, but as soon as anyone sees her coming their way, they become like a little kid being scolded by a parent. Camila has seemed to establish her presence in this school; her authority, and with that everyone else's in the group; their superiority.

"Come on, Y/N. We're almost there," Ally sighs out in exasperation from in front of me as if she is sick and tired and just wants me out of her hands.

We make it around the corner to the closet, and I immediately notice Camila and the janitor talking in hushed tones. Their faces are both foul to one another and their words look infuriated; they're arguing.

Camila must see Ally from her peripheral vision because she immediately stops any conversion with the janitor. He only rolls his eyes in response, mumbling something and pointing in our direction. Camila rolls her eyes in return and walks toward us.