outro ✟

hey guys 👋🏻  🤠

so that's the end, huh? (or is it? keep reading to find out 😉)

im making this chapter because there are a few things i want to address. also, i couldn't have an intro chapter with no outro chapter; the aesthetic would be all wrong.

first of all, i want to say thank you to everyone that stuck around while this was getting written. i know for the first half of this story i updated almost daily. but that was another time... i was younger, more carefree. in the weeks since then, i have obviously taken wayyy too long to update. sometimes resulting in two-to-three weeks with no update. so, this is to you who have been here since day one, or at least the early stages. you guys are great. (for the rest of you who are reading this when the book is finished; you aren't shit here. thank you, next)

- SPOILERS AHEAD - READ AT OWN RISK -
🚨 🚨 🚨

1. i think the most pressing thing that has been on my mind since day 1 is the lore of this story.

obviously, it centers a lot around biblical beliefs, and although that isn't always the most dominant factor, it is always in the background, which is exactly what i wanted.

the idea sprouts from my own experience. i wrote y/n from my own experiences and life and that is really important to me. now, i know a lot of people reading this story will have the same ideas as camila, but i also know that there will be a small few who may struggle the same as y/n, and that's what i wanted to address. this one is for you.

i am constantly struggling with what is right and wrong, and this isn't a 'convince me otherwise' or 'try and change my mind' event, it is, i guess, just an insight to some of the struggles people face today in their own lives. we always hear about the ones who can't 'come out' because of their parents' beliefs or because of their culture, but there is little talk on people who themselves struggle with that belief system too. that is what this story is. it's for those who struggle.

now, i am not trying to say anything is right or wrong in this story; and if you think that's what this was, im sorry you didn't understand the plot. because nowhere in this did i say anything about choosing 'the right side'. i want those few people to know, you aren't alone in these struggles, it's hard, i know. and i face that literally every day.

to those who don't face that struggle on belief, good for you too, this story is also for you. camila learnt to understand y/n's internal battle and came to love her either way. that's for you guys. it may be hard to accept that people still question what is right or wrong, but for the people who do struggle, they don't discriminate you. they don't call you out. and they don't belittle you for your beliefs. so please, try to understand. growing up believing something, possibly with your whole heart, and then finding out that maybe that belief may not be 'the right one', is difficult.

so, to everyone that made it this far, i hope i possibly changed your point of view on something today. and i hope we can keep being the best possible people we can be to the people around us.

2. camila died?

okay, im going to start this by saying; for anyone who has read any of my other stories and is shocked by this ending... really? you're shocked?

of course, i killed off a main character. it isn't a novacabello book without our favourite character dying, is it?

look, it isn't conventional, but like i was explaining in my first point, this story was mainly focused on y/n's personal development as a character; and again, if you didn't get that, im sorry.

camila was a lesson to y/n. she was a step into the unknown and taught y/n so much in one year. she opened doors for y/n and she opened y/n's eyes to new things she had never experienced. this whole story is more of a lesson than anything, and i really hope i conveyed that well enough.

i had to kill camila off for two reasons.

firstly: this is novacabello, everyone dies here.

secondly: the relationship between y/n and camila needed to end for y/n to develop more. camila showed her so much, but that was all she knew; camila. she was reliant on her to show her the world, when in fact, y/n needed to experience that for herself. camila broke the wall that was stopping y/n, but it is up to your character now to discover what the world has to offer. i know a lot of people probably won't understand this, but when i write a story, i think ahead of the last chapter, because i need to prepare the ending for what could come in these characters lives after.

im not going to explain to you a plot for y/n that comes after 'preach 2', because, honestly, whatever you want to happen after is completely up to you. i never close my stories, i leave them open because once i release them into the world, they aren't just mine and the ending isn't either.

so, yes, camila died. we all cried. but as i say a lot, the art of dying is beautiful.

now it's y/n's story.

3. a sequel?

you read that right, bitches. i will write a sequel for this.

thank you for getting this far, it is much appreciated.

the story is entitled 'bad you, worse me' and will be the plot from camila's pov.

look out for this soon;

4. i have questions for you
by 'you' i mean me. if any of you have any questions about the story's plot that you dont understand or just... anything. i could probably answer them... you know, since i wrote it.

i think that is all i have left to say. this really was an eye-opening story to write and i am glad i had the opportunity. i definitely had my times when i was ready to throw in the rag and just trash it, but at the end of the day, im glad i got through it. im proud of the moral that came with this story and i hope everyone enjoyed it as much as i did.

it's been fun guys.

until next time ✌🏻

- nova.