0.1

calum

(reuploaded)

we sat in a circle on amy's apartment floor.

amy was still setting up the recorder. i had poured the jack daniel in each persons glass around five times now, them being too eager to get drunk of course. michael had just finished showing ashton how to properly pull the trigger of the gun, and after a few attempts, ashton finally got it. he handed it over to isabelle, who fiddled around with it. i second guessed myself as i saw isabelle grab a bullet from the case, kindly donated by amy, but washed away my uncertainty with another chug of alcohol. i wasn't about to chicken out now, not when i was so close to finally doing what i've been trying to do since seventh grade. isabelle told us we had five minutes to just prepare ourselves, as she took off the safety setting off the gun and got herself and the gun organised. we also needed to wait for amy to finish setting up the camera, which she had been failing at for the past thirty minutes.

i looked around at the other sociopaths in the room. michael was now attacking ella's mouth with his own, the first time i had seen him show some sort of affection. i looked away and onto luke, who was chugging down a bottle of gin he probably stole from his parents. i leaned over, him sitting directly opposite me, and grabbed the bottle from his hands. if i was going to go through with this, i needed something stronger. i chugged as much it down as i could holding back a cough. i handed it back over to luke. ashton was on his phone as usual, seeming casual about the whole situation.

a beep came from the camera and we all stopped what we were doing and looked at amy. "say hi to the camera guys," she giggled with a wave. we all copied in sync, michael shouting out a "goodbye motherfuckers" as he stuck up his finger. i chuckled at him.

"ya'll know the rules?" isabelle asked. i wasn't too familiar with the game but i knew the basic rules. everyone shook their heads. isabelle smirked. she was always the daredevil of the group. the one that would get us into trouble and teach us how to sneak out and in. she had her way around things and knew how to cover up anything and everything she did. she was the one who showed my naïve self where to buy the sharpest blades. i owe her for that.

she held up a bullet in between her fingers as a smirk made its way onto her face.

"we put a single bullet," she waved the bullet around, "into the revolver, "she loaded the gun and spun the loading dock. "we put it in the middle of the circle," she did exactly that, "and spin it. whoever it lands on," it landed on amy this time, "downs a cup of jack and puts the gun to their head and shoots," she smirked, downing a cup of jack herself. "unless," she wiped her mouth with the back of her sleeve, "you're too much of a pussy to shoot?" she looked at luke raising an eyebrow as she said this.

luke rolled his eyes at isabelle and threw his head back as he swallowed a cup. he was always the one to chicken out of everything. he'd ruin any fun we tried to had, not wanting to 'break the rules.' of course, i'd make some remark about him being a pussy and he'd end up doing it. it always worked.

but since his bitch of a girlfriend, she-who-shall-not-be-named, cheated on him, he's been begging us to play this game.

"shut up belle. let's do this."

a smirk crept onto isabelle's face as she picked the revolver back up and spun the loading dock, capturing the attention of all our eyes. it was hypnotising. we all knew what the outcomes of today would be. no one really cared anyway. i knew i didn't

she pushed the loading dock back in its place and spun it. the sound it made was suprinsigly comforting. pretty ironic i know. finding comfort in the sound of a rifle being loaded. judging by the looks on the others' faces and their smirks, i knew they did too.

my family treated me like shit anyway and i don't remember the last time i had a proper meal.

i refilled mine, along with the others' cups with the bottle of jack once more before rubbing my hands together.

"let's start motherfuckers."

--

hi hi

so i rewrote this chapter cos the original was was very shitty okay.

anyways

hope you're all excited about this book as i am.

the chapters will all be around this length, it makes it easier to update and keep the story more interesting.

i'm not sure how often i'll be updating though, i get heaps of homework and assignments but i'll try my best.

i wrote this on mobile so pls don't kill me for any mistakes okay thanks.

i've gotten so many reads and comments and votes already oh god thank you guys i love you.

p.s i tried to find a gif to fit the chapter but couldn't so i leave y'all with this.

long authors note sorry.

peace out

ella