the day they meet. capter 1

(Regina's POV)

I was sitting in a tavern a few miles away from the palace that I was kept prisoner in.

it was dark and damp and it smelt like vomit, sweat and bear. The only light available was the small flickers of candle light dotted around the room in a messy fashion but i didn't care any place was better than the castle. Even if I knew I could only have a few hours of freedom before someone realises that I am not where I should be.

No one knows who i am here.. well there are a few special people who do bu t to the others im just a normal person and it feels good. In the palace when anyone saw me they would avert their eyes and lower their head as if I was never there. Apart from snow and the king, the only time any one would ever speak to me would be when the guards came in to my room at night to tell me that he (the king) requested my attendance in his room. Even when they would help me walk back to my room with blood staining my night dress and running down my buckling legs even after hearing my screams and pleads for help I would not hear a word from them. Nothing but A gentle but strong had on either side of my arms to help me walk. Feelings of sadness, knowing and pity flowing from their eyes but still I would not hear a word.

It's nice to hear the laughter of the drunken men a few tables away. It's nice to listen in on their conversations of the adventures they have had and the place they have seen and even the trouble they have been in.

It's just nice.

(Robin's POV)

We have just come back from another successful carriage highest. My men had already entered the tavern in which we would be celebrating in but I had to go and check on Roland. The women of our camp had been given a large guest room just to the back of the pub to share seeing as there were only three of them. Maya, little John's wife. Nina and older lady who was in charge of keeping the camp running and Danielle a young girl around the age of 19 that they had found wondering the woods alone when she was in her early teens. And of course little Roland would be staying in with them tonight.

After putting him to sleep and bidding the women a good night's rest I entered the tavern. And headed straight to the table my men were sitting at.

I dropped my self in to the seat next to little John and took a long gulp of the bear that was put in front of me. I joined in on the story telling and laughed along with my men until bobby who was sitting on the other side of me leans in close and said in a hushed whisper "hay boss, look over there ." nodding over to where a young woman sat with her back towards us. Her long black hair cascading gently down her back a white dress showing her thin figure. "I think she's a Nobel boss. She must be. No one around here has enough money to be wearing clothes like that"

"yeah, she's a Nobel alright bobby, but what is she in here? There must be a few better places more suited for her types around here. Why is she in this tavern?" I replied in the same hushed whisper.

" does it matter boss? "

"I'm feeling lucky robin after the great day we've had robin, how'd you feel about having a little chat with her"

I grind at bobby he always did keep his eye on the ball. And he was right. The coins and other treasures that we had stolen this morning would be enough to keep a village going for a month or so but every little helped. She may have a few decent pieces of jewellery that i could take.