coming back - part 1

(Regina's POV)

The king had left for an emergency trip to speak with king Nottingham about a very important matter, a matter that I was not permitted to know about. Not that he ever told me anything any way, he had departed the morning after I had gotten back from going to the tavern and didn't even bother to say good bye and that suited me perfectly, I could be free (ish) for the next 3 days. It would take him one day to ride Nottingham's castle, he would stay a day and sleep for the night and then leave in the morning. He had promised Snow that he would be home before the 3rd moon was fully in the sky. The sun has just started to rise signifying that today was the middle day. I had decided to take a ride for the day and told the guards that I didn't want company and since the king wasn't there, there was no one for them to go and ask if it was ok for me to do that. As soon as I was away from them I couldn't help laughing to myself, 'of course it wasn't ok for me to go for a ride on my own, epically for a whole day and I wasn't meant to leave the castle, hell I wasn't meant to leave my room without a guard to escort me wherever I'm going let alone any of this and I was loving it, I knew I was probably going to regret all of this when the king is notified after his return but at this moment in time I couldn't be more happy, for these few days I was in-control of my own life.'

 Tomorrow leopard will be back and who knows when I could be outside on my own in the day time again.

And since he wasn't in the castle I didn't have to wear dress all the time. So today I was wearing black leather pants with black knee length riding boots, a baggy white top that hat slightly puffy sleeves that finished just be for the bend of my arm, an oak brown corset vest that wasn't very comfortable but looked killer and I loved how it locked in the mirror, it fitted perfectly showing my carves and made my boobs look amazing 'even if I do say so myself'. Then I had a jacket the was over that, it was beautiful, different colours of brown, burgundy and gold laced in to the fabric, the front finished just at my hips but the back of it carried on past my bum and all the way to the bend of my knees, and then the outfit was finished of by a wide black leather belt with a fetcher buckle. This was me. This is how I should always dress. This is how I was comfortable, not having to wear some stupid dress that I hated jut because the king or snow liked it.

Now I'm riding in the forest on Rocinante, the top half of my hair in two braids that meet together at the back of my head, the lower half down floating behind me, bouncing with every step Rocinante takes.

I am sitting on top of the saddle that is fastened securely around Rocinante stomach and the rains hanging loosely around her neck as I hold on to her main, letting her take control of the remaining few miles of the ride, letting her choose the pace and following and trusting the horses every move.

I was heading towards my safe haven, towards the small village and the people who i have come to care about that reside within it.

x/x/x/x

Once inside the village I jump of off Rocinante and lead her by the rains through the bustling town that is wakening and preparing for the new day ahead of them.

People greet me as I walk past them, hi's and hello's and smiles and nods are exchanged as greetings.

I head strait to granny's, just like I all ways do. Before I even raise my hand to knock at the door it is being swung open.

"Well look what the cat dragged in" granny said with a huge smile on her face.

"It's lovely to see you to "I laughed

"Ohhh, you know I'm only kidding child, now come here" she said as she pulled me in to a crippling hug.

I laughed and returned the hug, resting my head in her neck. "It's really good to see you" I breathed in to her cloche covered shoulder.

She takes me by the shoulders and laughs with a concerned smile on her face as she pulls me back enough to see my face " it's only been two days since I've last seen you child, I'm sure you didn't miss me that much"  oh I really  did I thought. I smiled back but she could all ways she right through me, her smile faltered only a little bit before she schooled it back in to place " are you ok child" she said with a sincere voice.

I shrugged "yeh I am" I really was, I'm the best I've been in a while "I just missed you is all" then my arm is nudged by a nose. I laughed and turned my face towards Rocinante "we both did"

"Nope" she laughs "she only missed the fruit baskets I make her when she's here" she said as she leans forwards to stroke the horse's nose. Rocinante whinnies quietly and shakes her head in a way that makes it look like she is agreeing with her, which had us both laughing again. "See, I told you so. Now you go and take her to her paddock and I will send Henry over with her food. And I expect to see you At least once before you have to leave to night missy, you hear me" she said turning and pushing me towards the rode that I was to head along.

"Ohhh" I laughed "I would never forgive myself if I didn't." placing my hand over my heart dramatically.

"Get on with ya' girl" she smiled as I turned and headed to the green field.

Once inside the fence I didn't waste any time with taking the bitt from between Rocinante mouth and the reins of off her head and placed them on the fence, then doing the same with the saddle. I didn't bovver closing the gate as I knew that Rocinante would Never try and run and as I still needed to leave the paddock I saw no need to do so.

I stood there stroking her neck for a few seconds and talking to her before I started to plat small braids all the way down her main till there were a few well-placed brads throughout the horses well groomed, long black slightly curly at the ends, main But leaving the bit of hair that was at the top of her head that falls gently in front of her big brown expressive eyes until she shakes it away.

(Granny's POV)

I walk inside of my house and start to make up a basket of fruit and vegies that I had to spare and then walked out of the back door and up to the grope of children that always seem to occupy my home. But I didn't mind that at all, it's nice to have children around you.

"Henry I need you to do one more chore today"

"But that's not fair granny!" he whined "I've already done everything you've asked and I took the dry clothes off of the washing line, you didn't even as me to do that. We've just started a new game." He said trying to get granny to change her mind.

"Well that is a shame I guess Rocinante won't be getting her treat today then because I'm far to busy to take it to the paddock myself" I sighed trying to hold back a smile. I knew the moment the name Rocinante left my lips henry would know that it wasn't just her that was here.

I watched as his eyes light up, seemingly forgetting everyone and everything that he was just trying so hard to stay a part of. "Rocinante" he exclaimed "Granny! Is Regina here!" he said excitedly as he jumped up.

Still holding in my laugh that was trying so her to come out, I kept a straight face as I said " yes she is but its ok, I'm sorry I interrupted your game, carry on" I said as I turned around and let my smile out as I walked deliberately slower than usually back towards the house. Not even one step after I turn around I hear.

"NO, IT'S OK GRANNY I'LL TAKE THEM. COME ON GUYS REGINA AND ROCINANTE ARE HERE" Henry practically screams as he yanks the basket from my grip as he runs at lightning speeds past me, and a few seconds later so does every child that was on the green grass with him, all stampeding after henry to the paddocks. I laugh as I head back in to the house and start getting ready for the day a head.

.

.

im so sorry it took so long to finish this chapter and sorry there is no robin in this chapter he will hopefully be in the next one though, if not definitely the one after that.

i love it when you guys review! so please keep doing that. any questions you what to ask or any ideas on what direction you think i should take this story i will be greatly accepted as well.

did you enjoy it ?

shall i keep writing this story of not ??