Prolouge - News

Dawn was waiting anxiously at her house, listening out for those five melodic knocks that would only come from one person, Scott, who had news to tell her, whether it was good or bad news, she didn't know, obviously it wasn't anything crazy like him asking her to marry him, they'd only been going out for a month but it seemed like forever, the best forever in the world.

The blonde looked down at her watch 6:48, he was running eight minutes late, typical Scott, Dawn thought to herself getting up to re-apply her lipstick and eyeliner, she doesn't wear makeup that often but she liked looking her best for him. Suddenly, she heard five knocks which nearly made her smudge her makeup, Scott, she walked to the door patting her green, floral knee high dress down to get rid of any of the creases that might be there before opening the door.

"Scott" Dawn said happily and welcomed him into her little cottage, the heat from the fireplace hit Scott with a blast, it was winter so Toronto was even colder than ever plus Scott forgot to bring his coat which the heat even nicer. They sat on the sofa looking deeply into each others eyes, Dawn was trying to read his aura, to see if the news was good or bad, she couldn't tell, it seemed like a mixture between both, she had always had difficulty reading his aura. "what's the news then?" Dawn broke the silence much to Scott's disappointment, he didn't want to tell her but he knew he had to.

The ginger gently took Dawn's hand into his own, they felt soft and warm against his freezing cold hands, he took a deep breath "I'm moving" he waited for his girlfriends response but it never came so he decided to add to it "I'm going to Hollywood, you know I've always wanted to be an actor and here's my chance, I'm sorry" Dawn tried so hard to hold back her tears, but she couldn't slowly the salty, clear drops of water trickled down her cheeks.

"It's ok" she sniffled and wiped away her tears with her hand "will you come visit me?" Dawn asked unable to look at him, she was devastated yet happy for him.

"of course I will" he lifted her head up so they were looking into each others eyes and smiled softly making Dawn even more upset but before she got chance to weep anymore he pulled Dawn close wrapping his arms around her. His embrace was warm and his big, strong arms seemed very protective when wrapped around Dawn's frail body. The world around her melted away as she squeezed him back, not wanting the moment to end. But she knew it had to, so she reluctantly pulled away, she knew she was going to miss him more than anyone in the world.

*****************

Next thing she knew she was there at the airport watching Scott leave, the weeks leading up to his departure flied by, Scott and Dawn spent each and every minute, she wish she hadn't though it just makes it harder to say goodbye. She hated goodbyes, when her father left she cried herself to sleep for 2 years, hopefully that won't happen with Scott. Dawn had to bit her lip to stop the tears rolling out, Scott was standing infront of her, he was about to go but he still smiled like he would be back in a day or two, she knew that wasn't the fact. Without warning Scott smashed his lips against Dawn's and started softly kissing her, they had never kissed before and it was only short but to Dawn it was the best thing that had ever happened to her, even though it would be ruined by Scott leaving.

She looked out of the window at the plane that was driving on the concrete path and as soon as it took off, her hand found it's way on the window wanting to drag the plane back on the floor again "Don't worry he'll be back soon, love" an elderly woman patted her shoulder, Dawn couldn't even fake a smile and when she tried, she just ended up crying even more than she already was. How was she going to cope?