Back

It had been 5 years and Scott hadn't even text Dawn, she was annoyed and upset the first few years but she eventually learnt to forget about Scott and move on, she was probably never going to hear from him again, even though somewhere deep inside she was in hell because of not seeing him.

"Dawn you've got to come to the window" Her mother said looking out in shock, Dawn had to move from her little cottage shortly after Scott, she got fired from her job at a animal care centre and got kicked out of her house due to not paying bills on time, and was now living with her Mum. Dawn got up from the floor which she was meditating on and came to the window to see what was out there.

She gasped when she saw him. Scott. At this point Dawn always thought she'd feel angry but she had a lot of emotions she was feeling and anger wasn't one of them. She ran out of the door, even though it was raining, she was determined to talk to him, and to find out some answers to her questions, "Scott! Scott!" She shouted as he walked into a house, his mother's house to be precise. She'd let her in for sure, they'd known each other for ages and were pretty good friends, Dawn knocked on the door but when the door opened to her she wasn't faced with his Mum, she saw a girl about her age with short brown hair to match her brown eyes "I'm sorry Mr. Fields can't see anyone at the moment" she smiled started to close the door.

"WAIT!" Dawn put her foot in the way of the door "I'm an old friend of his" for some reason the other woman found this funny and laughed, Dawn looked at her confused, hat was so funny about wanting to see and old friend?

"you don't think we've heard that before, all his fans say that" she kicked Dawn's foot out of the way with quite some force and slammed the door shut in her face, Dawn was furious, and hurt, just who was she anyway, she walked away feeling angry kicking at the puddles, she still kept walking when she passed her house, she ventured deep into a forest, not turning back. She thought about that question seriously for a moment. Who was she? His acquaintance, his friend..... his girlfriend.

Dawn stopped in front of a big oak tree and forgot about the question, it seemed like all the great things in her life happened here, the time she first communicated with an animal, the time she first read someone's aura, the time Scott asked her out. She sat down on the wet grass and leaned up against the tree, hoping that some good will come out of it. She sat there for a couple of hours meditating until finally she got up and started walking back home, she kept her head down even though her bird friends were saying to keep her head held high, she didn't know how it happened but before long she found herself in the floor along with a certain ginger "Dawn, is that you" Scott pulled her up, Dawn nodded in reply "wow you've changed so much"

"Well it has been 5 years" Dawn paused, and looked at him, he hadn't changed at all, same ginger hair in the exact same style that he'd had it in when she knew him, same deep blue eyes that resembled the ocean "why didn't you call me?" she saw Scott look away, she could tell he felt guilty but she needed to know, you can't go from dating to completley ignoring each other, it's just not how things work.

"I would of but... my agent got angry and smashed it" Dawn knew he was telling the truth, it was one of the rare times she could read his aura.

"I guess that was the brown haired girl at your mother's house" she said referring to the person who didn't let her into Scott's mother's house and kicked her in the foot, at least it wasn't hurting anymore.

"how do you know about Courtney?" Scott looked surprised.

"we talked" Dawn didn't want to give the details, luckily Scott couldn't be bothered to be persistent, which was unusual, probabaly had a lot on his mind after all.

"hey you want to come to my place, well my Mums?" Scott chuckled, Dawn nodded delightedly, it was nice to have Scott back, even if they were just friends now.

*************

Scott opened the door to his mother's house, Courtney was still there, she was on the phone, shouting as usual "YOU ARE GOING TO GET IT DONE AND IT GOING TO BE DONE BY TODAY" She shouted at someone who was clearly displeasing her. Scott took a seat on the sofa and signalled for Dawn to sit down next to him, just as Dawn sat down, Courtney got off the phone "what is she doing here" She didn't seem too pleased to see Dawn there. "she just one of your fans"

Scott laughed "Dawn's an old friend of mine plus she hasn't even heard of any of the movies I've been in, she doesn't have a TV" Courtney face grew red with embarrassment, and silently cursed herself for being so stupid.

"Well hello there" Courtney tsaid to Dawn, recovering from her embaressment "so how do you know Scott?" She sat down on the other side of Scott.

"we were-" Dawn got cut off before she could say anything else.

"old friends" Scott practically shouted, why didn't Scott want to know that they used to date? Was he embarrassed by her?

"how nice" The brunette leaned in closer to Scott, maybe they were going out? Dawn thought, she better leave them alone, she was clearly unwanted.

"I've got to go now" Dawn didn't wait for a reply, she got up and quickly got out of the door and out in the open air, Dawn exhaled and leaned her back up against the door.

*****************

"how did it go, sweetie" her mother said as she walked through the door.

"great" Dawn went straight upstairs and meditated, she really needed to clear her head. Second by second thoughts of Scott began to vanish and soon all her worries would be gone, temporarily.