14) Fire Kingdom

"I don't wanna live forever" By ZAYN/Taylor Swift
Happy Reading!!
-Alycat
***

Elle had not understoof why Jack was here of all places, but she hadn't expected the reason to be because he was invited.
"No one told you I was invited to your party," Jack guessed with a quiet acknowledgment, gesturing for the onlookers to disperse. Only Hera remained, shooting a cold look in Jack's direction before blending into the crowd.

"Why would you be invited?" Elle wondered aloud, more to herself than to Jack.

"Clearly, Alaz wants to show off what he now has," Jack replied, his gaze fixed on Elle, making her feel self-conscious.

"And what does he now have?" Elle inquired, her attention shifting to Alaz.

"The gem of the fire kingdom."

"No, that's not..." Elle's sentence trailed off as a sense of unease settled over her. Something didn't feel right about her being in Fire's Kingdom, and Jack's unexpected presence only heightened her suspicions. Soon, the conversations resumed, with guests mingling, eating, drinking, and enjoying themselves as if nothing had interrupted the festivities.
But Alaz was not done speaking for he stood from his throne, two hideous goblins hurrying to carry the ruby red robes that trailed behind him. Alaz slowly glided into the center of the throne room, and that was when Elle saw two girls that looked to be the same age as her if not maybe slightly older.
They appeared from the corner of the room to join him. They were dressed spectacularly in gowns of ruby red, tightened to their curves perfectly. Golden bangles, earrings, and necklaces covered their young bodies. The girls looked identical in clothes alone. One girl had lovely Hawaiian features of dark hair, dark eyes, and tanned skin while the other seemed to be Egyptian with her blue eyes, darker skin and piercing black hair. Elle didn't know who they were until they went to Alaz and each woman grasped an outstretched arm of his to coil against him in a seemingly affectionate way. The women were too touchy feely with the king that made Elle suspect they weren't all simply good friends.

"They would be the wives of Alaz," said Jack as if answering her unspoken question, suddenly beside her again. "Otherwise known as your step-grandmothers."
Elle wrinkled her nose. "Clearly monogamy isn't popular among the Fire Kingdom."
It was a frightening thought to think of the young women as her step grandmothers. The crowd soon turned their attention to the king. His voice was magically enhanced to echo around the room for all to hear. "Ladies and Gentlemen, enchantresses and sorcerers, thank you all for your attendance this evening." No one said a word as all eyes were upon the Fire King. "As many of you now know, the youngest of our kingdom has finally returned home to us after being missing for decades," he said with a perfect touch of dramatic flair. As if on cue individuals clapped at the declaration.

Elle noticed Jack was again close beside her with narrowed eyes as he watched Alaz. "It is with great pride that we not only welcome Evangeline Frost into our family with open arms, but that we also acknowledge her as a member of not one but two royal families; a princess of the fire kingdom, and, the Queen of winter's throne!"
Everyone around the room now started a loud round of applause that Elle did not believe for a moment she was worthy of. Her being of two royal families wasn't something she ever truly gave thought to. But she was surprised to find even Jack was clapping as he watched her. Elle quickly looked away from him. The clapping embarrassed her as even Lucy joined in exuberantly.
As Alaz announced the opportunity for the media to speak with his granddaughter, Elle found herself engulfed in a whirlwind of questions from a diverse array of individuals. They crowded around her, each eager to hear her responses. Some appeared human, while others bore elf-like features or feathered appendages, all clutching notebooks or scrolls and quills.

"Queen Evangeline! How does it feel to be a part of not one but TWO royal families?" one reporter exclaimed.

"My Queen! When shall we expect a royal heir?" another chimed in.