Chapter 9

Husband POV

He walked into the house and just stood there for a minute taking in the sight that was before him.

He watched as Bells rubbed Charlie's back, trying to get him to calm down for bed, while he laid with his head in her lap re-watching one of his favorite movies. She had her other hand on her rounded stomach. One of their twin daughters, Jasmine, was sitting in front of her coloring at the coffee table while Jade, on the couch by Bells feet, was working on her wood carving that her Uncle Jake was currently teaching her, pretending not to watch the movie.

He came up behind her and placed his hands on her shoulders and leaned over her to softly kiss her on the lips.

"How have you been today?" he asked.

"Okay, this one has been doing somersaults all day long. There is a plate in the microwave waiting for you. The girls and I made meatloaf for supper." she said rubbing her belly. He knelled down beside her and nuzzled her neck. He put his hand one top of hers, intertwining their fingers. Charlie raised his head and gave them a sleepy smile. He watched as the light caught the charms on her bracelet.

"I love you." he whispered to her looking at their family.

"I love you too." she said leaning into him.

Coming Home

She pulled into the driveway next to Charlie's old cruiser. She had called Seth and Leah to let the two of them know that she wasn't that far and to not let Charlie know so she could surprise him since she was a few days early. Charlie had sold the house in Forks when he moved in with Sue and Seth. She would stay with them until she was able to find a place on the rez.

She was lucky that she had a couple of months before school started in September.

Billy and Sue had put in a good word for her so she would start as a teacher's aide for the kindergarten class and if she worked out during this year there was a possibility of her taking over the class when the currant teacher retired next year.

"Bells!" Seth yelled running out of the house to greet her. He opened her door and pulled her out of the truck and into his arms. She let her legs dangle as she held on to him. She groaned quietly when she looked over his shoulder and noticed that there was a lot of people coming out of the house.

"Who was the tattletale that let it be known I was nearly home?" she growled when he placed her on the ground.

"Umm...what answer will keep me safe from you wrath?" he asked with a huge grin. Just wait little boy, I will get you back.

"Who is here?" she asked as she grabbed one of her bags out of the back.

"Yeah... please don't kill me. I had no idea that they were nearby when the word went out." he quickly said as he grabbed the bag out of her hands and rushed into the house. Why would I kill him? Oh shit. Seth, you are a walking dead man. She had finally noticed three people that were standing near the doorway to the house.. Wren, Sam and Quil were standing there and not one of them looked happy.

"Bells!" Kim yelled as she with Ang and Leah came running down the stairs and threw their arms around her. They stood there in a group hug. It had been six months since all of them had been together. Alice, knowing that she needed them at the time, had flown all three of them out to visit her and they had spent a week together.

"I missed you so freaking much, little sis." Leah whispered to her. She leaned slowly out of the group embrace and brushed the tears that had escaped out of her eyes.

"Dammit Leah, you made me start to cry." she laughed.

"Okay, stop hogging my daughter, girls. I need to get my hug in." Charlie said as he came up to them. Her girls reluctantly released her and he didn't waste any time pulling her into his arms. "I'm glad you are home kiddo."