Chapter10

Husband POV

A Conversation

"What the hell are doing here, leech?" he growled taking a sip from his beer as Jasper sat down across from him.

"Bella called me. I remembered that you liked this bar and hoped I would find you here." he said as if that would answer everything. "So now that you know, has it changed anything?"

"No. I love her. I just don't understand why she never told me that the two of you had..."

"A relationship. I can tell that you are confused. If you want I can answer any questions that you have." Jasper told him. He ordered another beer and thought for a moment.

"When and how did the two of you get together? How long was she with you?"

"We started seeing each other at least six months after she was abandoned by you and you pack. Alice had been setting her up one blind dates and I was, for some reason, getting extremely jealous. Alice is the one that made it happen. We were together for nearly a year."

"That means when she came home, the two of you had only recently split up." he stated.

"Yes, she had come to the realization that we made better friends. Also, Alice had suggested that Bella should get use to being single again before she came home. Neither one of us thought it would be a good idea for her to be still with me when she finally returned home."

"How ... is it true that your mate was destroyed?"

"Maria, my bitch of a sire, destroyed my mate before I could do anything. She didn't allow mates in her army and she wasn't going to allow her favorite toy to get away from her. More than once she had destroyed one or both mates. I realized just moments after she destroyed her what had just happened."

"Do you.. are you still in love with my wife?"

Jasper raised his hand on the neck and pulled a necklace out of his shirt. He followed his hand to see a necklace just like one of Bells. It was a silver chain with a dog tag that said Major and a silver bell. He felt his heat stop.

"Yes, I still love her. Part of me will always be in love with her but while she might have been what I need and want. I am not what she truly needs. I can never give her the things you have been able to. Both of your aging has slowed since you are still phasing and since you gave her a mating mark but the two of you will be able to grow old together. You have given her three, soon to be four, children. Those are things that we never could have shared. If I turned her, one day she could have found her mate and I would have had to say goodbye or if she stayed with me she could have been like Rose, always wanting to be a mother but never able to. She is your wife and mother of your pups. I might love her and want to be with her but I am happy just being in her life as her friend. She keeps me sane." he told him. His eyes filled with venom.

He lifted the beer to his mouth and swallowed roughly. He didn't want to ask but he had to know. He hadn't been able to stand being in the house when he had read about them in the journal. He had thrown it on the couch and stalked out of the house.

"Did the two of you ever...?" he couldn't even complete the sentence.

"Do you honestly want to know?"

"Yes, I need to know."

"Yes we did. We were together for a year and Bella is..."

"Holy crow, please don't finish that. I know that she is a highly sexual. Dammit." he covered his face with his hand so that he didn't have to see the grin on Jasper's face about the memory of being with Bells. "I can't believe I am about to ask this but she does this thing with her tongue?" he asked peeking though his fingers.