Marvel Au - Part 1

Virgil's PoV:

I groaned as I woke up, yesterday I had to deal with Deadpool out on patrol. It was infuriating. He was so smooth and flirtatious. It was hard to concentrate on what I was supposed to do, with him complimenting my ass every 5 minutes.

I got up, tired, I had school today. 'Virgil! Why did you patrol on a school night?' you say? Because I like to make myself suffer.

I took a quick shower and changed into a thick hoodie, also applying eyeshadow under my eyes. The more pathetic I looked, the less likely people are to think I'm your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man. I grabbed some breakfast, my uncle Patton had made it. Patton recently told me he was bi, which is fine, I told him I was also. He seemed relieved, then we started talking about my aunt... it was... a depressing, yet liberating conversation.

There was a note on the fridge, left by Patton.

Heya kiddo!

I was called in to cover a shift on really late notice, I won't be home until 11-ish. Ask Mr. Cogn if you could stay at his, because I know that you aren't reliable enough to take care of yourself >:|

Actually, scratch that, I already called him, he's picking you up. Your lunch is on the coffee table.

Have a good day kiddo! Bye! Love ya!

I smiled fondly, Patton was always looking out for me. Stuffing the rest of the toast into my mouth, I slung my backpack over my shoulder and grabbed my lunch, walking out the door.

The entire walk to school I felt a buzz in the back of my head, alerting me of... something. But every time I looked, there was nothing. I shrugged it off, trying to walk to school as calmly as possible. When I finally saw the building I saw relieved, picking up my pace ever so slightly.

"Virgil!" I heard someone call, I looked over. T'was my best friend Dee! I grinned and walked over, he slung an arm over my shoulder.

"Sup, Dee," I smiled.

"The sky," he replied quickly. I rolled my eyes. I was smiling, then I caught the schools resident rich-and-popular kid looking at me, Roman Prince. captain of the soccer team, very athletic, good looking, and above all, most likely fake. I frowned and looked away, stone facing it all the way to my locker, Dee knew exactly what set me off.

You see, Roman and I used to be close, but every year after second grade, he got further and further away, and now we pretend like we don't know each other. Pretend that we never got in trouble for talking during class, pretend we never hung out after school, pretend we never broke Patton and Mays window while practicing baseball. Pretend I don't get butterflies in my stomach whenever he speaks or glances at me. Nope, don't remember, didn't happen. (Someone plz get it)

A part of me is glad he left before we became too close. But another part of me misses all those memories we had, and that we missed out on.

But we went our separate ways, and that's that.

~Timeskip~

Sliding into the seat right next to Dee I took out the lunch Patton had packed me. It was simple, a PB&J and baked lays chips. Dee had some leftover Chinese. Everything was going fine, until it wasn't.

And by that, I mean a certain someone showed up. A certain someone who I hate more than Roman.

None other than Flash Tompson.

"So snake-face and fucking loser," he started. Dee flinched. You see, a while back, Dee was in a house fire, and the left side of his face got a bit... deformed. It wasn't that bad, but Flash had to point out it looked like a snake.