Soulmates Dragon Au - Part 1

Okay! So basically, this takes place a long, long time ago. Every human is born with a dragon counterpart, the dragons are the ones who find each other. The human needs to find the other dragons human counterpart, who is their soulmate. This is my own original Au, so... tell me if it's any good lol. 

~Virgil's PoV~

I live in a world where humans and dragons coexist. Not only do we coexist, but dragons help us humans find our soulmates. It's a phenomenon that my good friend Logan would be happy to explain to you in long, scientific, terms. But I will give you the short, and what is generally accepted amongst us.

Every human is born with a dragon counterpart, your parents' dragons are the parents of your dragon. Even if you're an orphan, you still have a dragon. In fact, the first word a human baby says is always the name of their dragon. There is no way for a human to out-live a dragon, once a dragon dies the human does too, and vice versa. I kinda glossed over that dragons have something to do with soulmates though, didn't I? Well, a  dragon knows when it meets its soulmate, unlike us humans. The dragon will make it blatantly obvious that this is the soulmate you both are looking for, and then it's just a matter of finding out which human is paired with that dragon. Fairly simple, unless you're me of course.

You see, my dragon shows no sign of wanting to find a soulmate, and I'm fine with that of course. But sometimes it hurts a bit, seeing my closest friends find their soulmates, then glancing at my dragon only to get an eye-roll, or my hair sticking out on ends if he's really feeling frisky.

But that doesn't matter, my dragon, Anxiety, needs to be fitted for a saddle. He's finally big and old enough so that I can ride him, sure takes his time the little ass-hat. But I can't blame him for being kind of annoying, I can be at times too, not to the extent he is, but nonetheless.

We were going to my friend Logan's, he's an expert saddle maker, not only does he make saddles, but he keeps in mind the dragons comfort and powers, which is much harder to find than it seems. 

Of course, the problem is that he lives in the forest, and the treck there took half an hour, and most people aren't willing to travel that long to meet up with a quiet, logical, shut-in, no matter how good his saddles are.

What was super weird is that I saw a few royal guards scattered about, I wanted to leave and wait until tomorrow, but Anxiety literally shoved me onto the trail, and keeps pushing me forward if I walk too slow.

Eventually, we got there, Logan's little sister, Ina, was outside. Her dragon was a Chinese dragon, just like her brothers, it was named Garrison, for some strange reason. Even though her dragon was a girl, it was named Garrison.

I waved at her, she stared at me, as emotionless as her older brother, "I would advise you not to bother my brother, he has a very important client," she paused as I ignored her, walking up to stairs to the door, "Though I suppose he won't mind much if you help him, embroidering." she emphasized. I snorted. Embroidery was something only the highest of the classes would get on their saddles, it was completely pointless apart from looking pretty. 

I wonder what snob wants embroidery, from how far away did they come from? The nearest village with even one family in it that was in the upper class was miles away... I thought. But my dragon cut me off, but-heading me into the door. 

I glared at him but stopped when I felt my hair standing up. I opened the door and walked in, Anxiety right on my heels. Logan looked up and nodded to me, a standard greeting from him. But my eyes were drawn to the magnificent dragon in the center of the room.

Its scales were a pearlescent white, its horns and spikes seemed to be made out of pure gold. And its underbelly and wing fillings were a luscious red.