Chapter 3

Here it is... Third part of whatever this is...

oooooooooo

103 AG

"No matter how royal you are, it won't change the simple fact the guy's name was Chen..." Wen argued, but Azula shook her head trying to get a word in.

"It's Chin. Chin the Conqueror." she claimed. When they started asking each other history questions they had no idea it would turn into this.

"Oh, I wish there was someone here we could ask so you'd finally admit you're wrong!" he spread his arms, gesturing to the forest they were in.

"Because all the Earth Kingdom peasants are very educated on their history from a couple of hundred years ago?"

"Because it's so obvious every moron knows it's Chen. They even have a village named after him. I've been there."

"Then the village is named Chin too!"

"Fine, Princess! You don't want to admit it? We're staying at 59:58 for me, and it's my turn to ask." Wen kept a serious face, but it was kind of obvious he was enjoying himself, "What was the name of the 46th Earth King?"

Azula stopped walking after that and looked straight at the pirate.

"What? Too hard for you?" he teased.

"Wen, we both know his name was lost in the fire set by those rioters! Asking a question without an answer? I invented that." she too was surprisingly having a decent time walking through the woods with this thief. Finally, someone who wasn't a total simpleton. Someone who you could talk to normally...

"I think you will find that I invented that, because I've been using it since before I can remember, and I'm clearly older than you... But 59:59. Come on, do your worst."

His comment was annoying but gave her an idea.

"My question. When was I born?" she asked.

"Not part of the game."

"It is a part of history, ergo part of the game." she smirked sensing she was about to take the lead.

"But it is not a part of Earth Kingdom history. We agreed we're steering clear of our nations since one of us would have an obvious advantage." he thought he had her, but her smile wasn't going away.

"You don't think the first Earth Queen ever is a part of Earth Kingdom history?"

"You ruled for what... A full day maybe?"

"But I did rule."

"Damn, woman... You were born in... 84?"

"85. My lead."

"So I'm two years older than you." he said, smiling even though he was losing.

"Why do you do that?" she asked.

"Do what?"

"Volunteer information about yourself... It can only be used against you. I don't understand the logic behind it."

"There's not logic, really." he looked away, "I just feel like I have an unfair advantage. You know nothing about me while I've read an entire book series on you and your family."

"You don't know anything about us. About me." Azula almost looked offended by that. She was sick and tired of people who thought they knew her just because they read what someone had to say about her in a book.

The Fire Nation books on the matter were almost fiction because of how they changed all the facts that could be a bit disagreeable. That's why, for example, Azula's grandmother didn't fling herself off the roof of the palace, she succumbed to a terrible illness after a long battle. Only thing worse were the foreign historians, who just didn't know a whole lot and added scary sounding lies in to make up for it.