Chapter 7

Just a quick reminder in 104 AG Azula would be 19, so a little time jump, just a year.

Anyway, enjoy.

oooooooooo  

134 AG

"There you have it." Azula said like she was finishing and turned to walk away from the railing.

"No, that's not all..." Zuko said after her.

"That's most of it." she sighed, "Look, I'm not here to entertain you... I need to find Zari and go over the rules with him once again."

"He'll be fine. I promise." Zuko said.

"When I was down there," Katara cut in, "The kids were trying to stack as many things over Sokka as they could without waking him up. They're getting along so I think we should just let them be."

"Wait, I thought Toph was down there-" Zuko was interrupted.

"Who do you think gave them the idea?"

"Alright." Azula surrendered, "What do you want to hear?"

"What happened next?" Mai asked.

"I lived with Wen and his... Mates. They were not as bad as I'd previously thought. For the next year no one really expected anything of me. I assisted them in stealing here and there, but we mostly just... Enjoyed ourselves." Azula smiled suddenly, warmer than any of them thought it possible, "And I've never had that. Before or since."

oooooooooo

104 AG

There was a knock on Li's office door. He was confused since one did not just knock on the door of the Western Trading Company's, Earth Kingdom Division's Manager. Or at least he thought so, the job was only his for a week.

The middle-aged man got out of his chair to check on his unexpected visitor or visitors, and maybe even more important, to check on his guards who were supposed to stop this kind of thing from happening.

"Can I help you?" Li asked after peeking his head through the door and spotting a shifty-looking Water Tribe man and a pale woman, both armed to the tooth.

"You the new boss?" the man asked.

"Ye-Yes..." Li felt compelled to say.

"Good. I'm Captain Wen. Thank you for having us..." Wen shoved the man into the room and let himself and Azula in like they owned the place.

"Excuse me, but who are you? Where are my guards? And what- Why are you here?" Li seemed more than a little confused, so Wen put a hand on his shoulder and smiled wide.

"Easy... What was your name again?"

"Li."

"Li, this is my beautiful girlfriend, Azula. She's amazing, just... Between you and me, a little fiery. She was... Not on good terms with the last guy in this office."

For the entire time they were there Azula had done nothing, but stare coldly into Li's eyes. He finally met her gaze and suddenly started wondering why this position was vacant in the first place.

"I... I don't understand... I-"

"Easy...You see, it is on the two of us right now to keep Azula happy. Because if she's not..." Wen whistled for effect, "This whole place could be ashes in minutes."

"Seconds." Azula spoke up. Li thought her not speaking was threatening. Now he missed it.

"Thank you, love." Wen turned briefly to his girlfriend then back at the already sweating man, "You get that. We need to keep her happy. You gonna help me there, Li?"