Chapter 8

104 AG

A. Anxious. Feeling or showing unease about something with an uncertain outcome. Similarly:

B. Bothered.

C. Concerned.

D. D... Dead. What if he was already dead?

No.

D. D... Distressed.

E.

But, what if he was dead?

Azula knew that for the next hour she couldn't really help Wen in any way, since that was how long they had to travel. And it was driving her insane... Her father always taught her that a warrior never worried about what he or she couldn't control.

That's why she stood at the front of Wen's ship, alone, trying to look like she was deep in thought, planning their attack. Not missing her boyfriend like a pathetic teenager. Ex-boyfriend.

D. Distressed.

E. E...

"You're looking edgy, Miss Blue." Shi interrupted her thoughts.

E. Edgy. Of course...

"Am I? Better stay away, then."

"You're not used to doing things without a plan, are you?"

"I have a plan." She just wasn't sure if it was going to work.

"The wind's holding nicely..."

"Are you really here to talk about the weather, Shi?" Azula said, her annoyance audible.

"I'm here to check if you can hold it together in there, babe."

"Ridiculous."

"I'm just saying, saving Cap is what's important."

"Do you think anyone has more reason to want him unharmed than me?" Azula asked, before remembering he was currently her ex-boyfriend. She seemed to be forgetting that a lot today.

"All due respect, Miss Blue, but him and me are something like family..."

"Well, it's not my fault he's captured."

"I didn't say that. He got caught cause he's an idiot." Shi smiled, "I didn't call you here cause I thought it's your fault. I called you here cause I like you."

Azula turned to look at the woman.

"For Wen, I mean..." Shi explained, "We'll find him and then you two can kiss and make up."

"Under no circumstances will we-"

"Please... You two smart people with your books and your big words, who else would put up with ya?" the woman smiled at nothing, "You know, when we were kids I was scared one night so I asked him, I asked Wen Will we be friends forever? And you know what he said to me? I cannot be sure, but I think it's unlikely."

Azula chuckled. That was something he would say. So would she.

"But whatever..." Shi continued "We did stay together since then. He's like this annoying brother I never asked for."

"I think that's just called a brother."

"Right... Well, he saved my life and he helped me get my revenge."

Even after living on that ship for a full year Azula had no idea where Shi came from. Whoever she asked, they just said Shi was here with Wen when they arrived. He said the two of them met in the army and since the woman had the typical Water Tribe complexion and blue eyes, she just concluded Shi was there serving her country.