You see your ex in public

You and Harry were strolling through Victoria Secret when you wandered off to look at the sweatpants.

You felt a gentle tap on your shoulder and a familiar voice saying, "Y/N, how are you".

You spun straight around, knowing who it was. Your ex, Alex.

"I'm good thank you. Yourself?" You spoke, crossing your arms over your chest.

Alex had cheated on you. And then lied. He left you in a very bad place in life, you couldn't write music, the fans had nothing good to say and articles were horrible. "Y/N obviously wasn't good enough, her boyfriend had to find it somewhere else". Harry took you out of that place and showed you how amazing love can be.

"Better now I've seen you" he winked.

"Bye Alex" you said, turning around to go find Harry.

"No Y/N wait" Alex said, grabbing your arm.

You turned back around to face him, realising his grip on you was firmer that you imagined.

"I've missed you Y/N. You look beautiful by the way" he complimented, letting go of your arm.

You heard Harry storm up behind you, he must've been watching.

"Get your hands off her" Harry growled, getting up in Alex's face.

"Wow calm down buddy" Alex snapped.

"Don't tell me to calm down" Harry snapped back, putting his finger in Alex's face

"Guys that's enough" you tried to reason them, you knew if either of them did anything it would end up reflecting badly on you and Harry.

Neither of them listened to you and they continued arguing.

"Just because your girlfriend is a slut" Alex hissed.

"Don't you dare talk about her that way" Harry snapped.

You could tell it was going to get physical.

You pushed your body in between them and started prying them apart.

Whatever Alex continued to say just rolled off you, you were more worried about what was going to happen if they actually did get physical. You could already see the paps outside.

"Harry lets go now" you demanded, being firm with him.

He pushed Alex and took a step back, taking your hand and started to walk away.

You turned back to Alex and spoke, "you're a fucking asshole". Then continued to walk away with Harry, practically dragging him along with you as he kept saying to you, "babe let me go back and show him a lesson" and "do you want me to go sort him out. Please let me go punch him".

Once you reached your car you opened Harry's door, letting him get in, slamming the door and walking around to the drivers side and climbing in.

You felt unbelievably livid, but you also felt mad at Harry. You didn't think he understood how badly that could've ended for him and for you.

"Are you mad at me?" Harry said quietly.

You put your head in your hands and cried.

"Hey, hey baby it's ok, let it out" Harry cooed, putting one arm around you and the other in your thigh.

"He didn't ever deserve you. And there is no justification for him to speak to you like that, EVER" he reinforced.

You wiped your eyes and looked at him.

"Harry that could've ended so badly" you mumbled, quiet enough so only he could hear you.

"I know baby, and I'm sorry that if I scared you or worried you but that man deserved it, and more. The only reason I didn't punch him as soon as I saw him was because that's not fair for you" He explained.

"I love you" you whispered.

"And I love you" Harry softly replied, kissing your lips so delicately, almost as if he was scared you would break.

"Oh damn it I forgot my sweatpants" you sighed.

"We can go back tomorrow and I'll buy you all the sweatpants you want" Harry smiled.

Right then and there, you realised you didn't need anything other than him. Nothing else mattered, no one else mattered.