CHAPTER3⃣

A/N: Thanks you wonderful readers for 70+ reads! Don't forget to check out my other divergent fanfic! Currently on chapter 11 and some spicy fourtris action has just begun😼. If you have seen it already, thanks for being apart of the 1k reads i just hit this afternoon! Luv you guys!😘

Enjoy💭💕 ...

Tris's POV

Today i have to meet up with Lauren and Four to go cake trying. This should be fun.😩 (Not Really). I decided to take them to Martin Wonnacott Cake Factory. They have the absolute best cakes. When i arrive there i see only Four sitting down. I walk over and sit with him. It was an awkward silence for a moment until he started to speak.

"Look Tris, this doesn't have to be awkward" he says. I guess he read my mind.

"I agree." I say.

"Good. So how's life?"

"Its great. How's yours?"

"Great." He says with an uncertainty sound in his voice. I can tell when Four is lying. He noses scrunches up and he says things in form of a question. Its so adorable. Wait! No. Its not. He's getting married i have a career to focus on. I need to snap out of it.

"Where exactly is Lauren" i ask.

"Well, she said she's coming late. She may arrive in about an hour or so."

"Well, i can't wait that long, so we might as well start tasting the cake." I say.

"Sure. Sounds great. You know how much i love cake!"

"Oh my gosh! How can i not know. In High school, when we had to attend your dad's funeral you refused to come unless there was cake there!" I say and we both laugh, but then his face kind of becomes gloomy.

"Oh. I'm so stupid. Why would i bring that up! Gosh four. I'm so sorry" i say. In high school, Four's dad used to beat him. Four's dad was diagnosed with cancer and died.

"No its fine." He says cheerfully.

"Then why did you just look upset"

"Because i just remembered. I left that cake at your house." We start cracking up.

"I'm glad we can still talk and things don't get awkward" he says.

"Yeah. Its nice." We stare at each other for a little too long until i break the awkwardness.

"Um, so anyway, we should start tasting the cake." I say. "Chef, can we taste this one right here" i ask pointing to a delicous looking one.

He gives me a plate with two forks in it. "For the lovely couple" the chef says while handing it to us.

"Oh we're not- "

"Yeah, he has a fiance."

"Whoops. I apologize" he says.

Four and i walk over to a table and sit.

"You don't mind if we- "

"Noo, its fine we can share the cake" i tell him. We both take a bit and our eyes light up.

"Dauntless Cake!" We both shout at the same to each other and start laughing.

"Oh my gosh! I don't even remember the last time i ate Dauntless cake. Wait, wasn't it at The graduation party?" I ask.

"Yeah! I remember because i smushed the cake in your face. You got so mad and you threw cake at me, but instead it landed on Uriah. Then a full blown out cake war started. Then we fell to the floor and that was the time i told you- " he says until i interrupt him and finish the story.

"That you loved me. You remember that?" I ask with tears forming in my eyes.

"Of course! You were my first and only love. I still have the pictures." He says. He pulls them out of his pocket. I can't help it. A tear starts to pour out of my eye.

"Four i- wait. Did you say only love?" I ask thinking to myself what about Lauren.

"Well i mean like. You know what i meant. I mean like at that time. But now i love Lauren" he says stuttering through words.

"Yes, of course." I say smiling. It was a fake smile. I was hurt. Gosh! I just can't believe he loves her. I mean i saw that coming since he asked to marry her, but just actually hearing it out loud, hurts😿.

Lauren suddenly walks in.

"Sorry i'm late i had an emergency. Tris you're eyes. Their red. Have you been crying. What did i miss?" She asks.

"Actually i'm crying because Four was just telling me an amazing story about how he loves you." I say trying to force a smile.

"Aww baby" she says while kissing him.

I get up and grab my stuff and start to walk off.

"Tris, where are you going?" Four asks.

"I'm sorry, but i have somewhere to be" i say walking out.

I was hurt. 😔 i have to admit it. 😞 i'm still in love with Four. 😣

To be continued...💭✌️