Surprise

Collin

"What the hell are you thinking Frederic, bringing that bimbo into his life." Father yelled at uncle.

After uncle's birthday present, the guest had left, thought it was too much drama for one night.

Now we were all back at uncle's place. Father is fuming red after uncle had told them that he was the one who introduced Kara to me.

And yes uncle is the only person who knows about Kara and what she is. After I had accidentally told him about her.

"What is your problem? Is it so wrong for Collin to have a girlfriend." Uncle fired back.

All night uncle and father were at each other's throat like I wasn't here. My mother had sent my sister and brother away while Hazel was still glued to my side silently sobbing.

If she was expecting me to comfort her she's got another thing coming.

As for Kara, uncle had taken her to his bathroom and I so much wanted to tend to her but thought it be best out here. Who knows what father would do.

"And you, do you have anything to say for yourself." Father coldly looked at me.

"What's the matter old man?"  Is she getting in the way of having me marry off to some other girl you have chosen." I scoffed.

"That girl..."

"Kara."

"What?"

"You heard me, her name is Kara."

Father's face looked like it was about to explode. "I'll be damn before I will accept that girl into our family."

"Well too bad for you because you have no say on who I marry."  I was now face to face with him.

Father then turned back to uncle, "You will fix this now!" He shouted once more before storming off.

"Dear." Mother tap my shoulder, "Are you sure about her?" I nodded, "What about Hazel." She guestured towards her.

"I don't love her." Turning towards Hazel I gave her one of my sorrowful expression I mean it's not her fault my father and hers are having us engage, "I'm sorry Hazel but as you can see I already have a girlfriend who I intend to marry."

Hazel raised her eyes at me, "But she is in a wheel chair. I could do things for you that she can't."

Her words had angered me that I had fisted my hands, "You will do damn well to keep your business out of mine." Who cares if she is in a wheel chair. Who cares if she is half fish. I'll still take her even if she had no legs.

Mother grabbed Hazel who was reluntant to leave but did anyway and left.

"Well that was fun." Uncle said once everyone left.

"Is she..."

"She's in the bathroom upstairs."

Not a second later, I was rushing up stairs to find her in one of uncle's jacazzui. It wasn't big but it wasn't small either. Just big enough to fit her and her tail. She laid there, her tail at the bottom while her fin was sticking out.

"Kara." She turned towards me smiling.

Sitting down next to her, I took hold of her hand. I don't know if she understood what had happened tonight but she was here and she was smiling at me.

Once again she didn't have the clothes from tonight, she was half naked and her breast was just out in the open.

Taking her hair, I had fixed it so her chest would at least be covered. Though uncle knows about Kara he was still a man and I didn't want him looking at her for whatever reason.  Just the thought of him putting a shirt on Kara got me seeing red.

"Like my gift bud." Uncle leaned on the door.

"I do but how..."

"I made a wet suit."

"A wet suit?"

Uncle nodded his head, "Like the suit those scuba divers use only this one keeps you hydrated and it covers her whole tail."

"Could I take her out then?" I asked hopeful.  I always dreamt of taking Kara out on dates or even to the movies.  I had so many things I wanted to show her.  And I wanted to be the first to experience things with her.

Uncle looked at me sadly. He knew how badly I wanted to show her off but could I now. Was it even possible?

"I'm sorry their bud. I had ran a few test, she can't stay away from the waters for too long. She can't stay dry, it could kill her."

Once again my hope had died. I wanted so much to show her around but again something was always coming in between us. And that something was the fact that she was half fish.

"But don't give up hope. As I said earlier, I'm trying to find a solution so that she can stay out of the water permanatly."

Even though it seemed impossible I was still hopeful. Not once had uncle gave up hope. And I believe him. "I'll let you to alone for now but she has to go back into the waters soon."

"She cannot stay here in your tub?"  That would be a dream if she could then I would never go home. We could eat dinner together, watch television. I'll even teach her how to play video games.

"I wish I could say yes but she needs the sea. I'm sorry."

"It's okay uncle, at least I could spend my birthday with her."

Soon uncle had left quietly leaving Kara and I alone.

Looking at her, I cupped her face in my hands, my forehead pressing against hers just feeling her breath against my lips, "God I miss you." I was plopped next to the tub with one knee up.

Opening her mouth, a sweet soft melody sounded. If only I knew what she was saying. If only I could understand her.

"Kara." I whispered.

"Collin, mom wanted to know...." A shocking gasps was heard from the door way revealing a shock Erin. Her shocking gasps had me frozen in fright.

"What the fuck?" She screamed before running out.

Erin? Erin? Holy shit she was here. As if it just dawned on me that she had just seen Kara.  "Erin!" I shouted.