Under the Sea

Collin

Standing here watching the sun lowering itself I spend a good solid minute just thinking. All I need is a moment not to cry. I won't cry. That is until I felt tiny droplets on my cheeks. 'Shit.'

"She's gone?" Uncle stood by my side.

"For now." I turned to him as he smiled at me in sadness.

"This isn't forever."

"No it's not uncle."

Uncle eyes then caught sight of the necklace around my neck, "I don't remember getting that for you."

"No, you didn't. It's from her." I sighed, "I'm going to miss her."

Uncle then turned his frown into a smile, "Do you want to see where she sleeps?"

My eyes raised to meet his eyes, "Uncle, I'm sure she sleeps under water."

Chuckling I followed uncle to where Erin stood on the right side of the yacht. She was gleaming and dressed warmly.

"What's going on?"

"This." Erin then removed a tarp that was hiding one of uncle's many submarines.

My eyes widen in shock. "You guest it my dear boy, we are going underwater."

Looking out at the submarine, it wasn't big, but it wasn't small either, "You're
serious?"

"My dear nephew, I never joke about the water now come on."

"But uncle it will be dark soon." Uncle proceeded to open the hatch and crawled in turning on all the lights.

"It's the best time to see the creatures."

"Come on Collin." Erin beamed going next into this submarine.

Hell who am I to argue. I get to see Kara. It's my first going deep underwater and I always wanted to know what she does this time at night. Maybe this will put my mind at ease to know she is safe.

Once we three were seated inside, I gazed the entire floor where the walls had windows lined up and there were seats in a row.

"Okay, everyone, boys and girls," uncle joked, "Grab a seat and off we go."

Closing the hatch, and turning all the lights on Uncle sat at the controllers submerging the submarine under water.

Though it was hard to see, we could make out water bubbles and coral reefs.

Flipping a few buttons the windows turned into a night vision goggles and everything came to life.

It was quiet, calm, and beautiful.

Going at a slow pace Erin and I gawked through the glass window. We hadn't seen however a single fish, and no sighting of Kara.

"Uncle do you know where she is?"

"No but..." he pushed another button as I met him at front while watching the green screen beeping.

"This my dear boy is the main screen. It can detect motion, sound waves among other things. And this right here," he pointed, "Is us."

Basically it was just a green dot on the screen. Kind of reminding me of the game battle ship.

Soon there were lines like ripples displaying on the screen, "Uncle what are those."

"Sound waves, probably her." Suddenly I felt Erin leaning up against me also intrigued.

"So when will we see her?" Erin pushed me.