TEN

┊         ┊       ┊   ┊    ┊        ┊
┊         ┊       ┊   ┊    ┊        •°
┊         ┊       ┊   ┊   ˚✩ ⋆。˚  °✩
┊         ┊       ┊   ✫
┊         ┊       ☪︎⋆          °         °          °
┊         ┊               
.•         ┊   ˚            °       
            ˚✩.        .                 °

♪ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ : ɢᴇᴛ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏᴀᴅ - ᴛɪʀᴇᴅ ᴘᴏɴʏ♪

⏮   ⏪     ⏸     ⏩   ⏭

◈ ━━━━━━━ ⸙ ━━━━━━━ ◈

"TELL ME, BOY, HOW DO YOU KNOW about her?" Asked Jude. Michelle looked at her father worriedly and Sting looked away angrily. Natsu was more confused than ever. What the hell was going on? Why was such a thing happening to him? Why was Lucy so important to them? So many questions circulated his head, each like a shot from a gun aimed at his head. However, the looks he gained from his friends and an apparent 'old friend' of his parents scared him and hurt him even more. Seeing them so afraid, so scared of him just broke him. So when he broke down into a mess of shaky sobs and whimpers, they rushed to his side, including Sting despite his sudden moody attitude towards the salmon-pink haired boy.
          "She goes to my school...s-she's the one who-"
          "Shh..." Michelle put a hand on his back and rubbed circles as he cried. She explained the whole fiasco with her father and he never gave any sort of verbal reaction, just quick nods or shakes of his head. He questioned Natsu of 'Lucy'. Her second name, her looks, her attitude, and behavior. When all the information matched up with their Lucy, they gave out gasps of fear. A blonde beauty without a second name, dressed as a wolf in sheep's clothing. Michelle was next to give shaky sobs and cries, and Sting mumbled curses. Jude exit the room and left the trio to themselves by the fireplace in silence.
         "Hey, Michelle, why is Lucy so important to you?" Asked Natsu, breaking the silence. Michelle never gave an answer, but Sting growled at the question.
          "She did something to Michelle and I a long time ago." He angrily replied, clenching his fists. "When you told us about the dilemma you had with her, I wasn't surprised. I suspected it was her from the beginning. She's just like that. Listen, Natsu, don't listen to her. Ever. She's just a wolf...a wolf in sheep's clothing. Do you hear me? Don't trust someone like her.
          "I'll never forgive her for what she did. That affected all of us. It's what caused the Heartfilia isolation of 2017. Don't ever follow her, listen to her, don't even think about her. She doesn't deserve any of that.
          "She can kill herself for all I care."
          "Sting!" Cried Michelle, giving a gasp of shock. "Look, she may have done something terrible but it doesn't mean we can just mock her for it."
          "Despite what she did, I still love her...Lulu."

◈ ━━━━━━━ ⸙ ━━━━━━━ ◈

"Michelle! Michelle!" Cried a younger blonde, approaching the teenage Michelle who happily smiled. "Look! A flower! It's a rose!"
          "Lucy! Your hand is bleeding!" Gasped Michelle, quickly throwing the rose out of the way. Lucy groaned and tried to get the rose, but it was trampled by the steps of strangers who passed by. As Michelle dragged Lucy home, she whined like a baby without candy and complained that "Shelly didn't care about flowers and life" but Michelle retorted by saying "But you're life, Lucy, and I care about you" and that made the younger shut up. Then as Michelle was cleaning Lucy's hand Sting came bursting into her room holding a bunch of roses without thorns on the stems and handed them to Lucy with a big, gentle smile displayed on his face. Lucy's face lit up with joy. After her hand was sterilized and patched up, she grabbed the roses that Sting gave her from the table and handed them out to everyone in the mansion. With every rose she gave out, she proclaimed "It's a symbol of my love" with a grin plastered on her face. A moment of purity was stored in those roses that were placed in little glass vases all over the mansion. Over time they wilted and so did Lucy's purity. Little did everyone know she would commit a big sin, something very unlike her as people would say because she kept on a convincing persona. The day when Jude had to go to war was the day Lucy realized money couldn't buy you everything. It couldn't buy you friendship, happiness, love, it only could be spent on expensive clothing and brands to wear and show-off. The blonde teen was never the same. She isolated herself and hardly interacted with anyone in the mansion like she did before. She never proclaimed her love like she did before with bunches of flowers (often roses when she was just a young child) but became a snake. Something innocent was defiled by evil, and what was a beautiful butterfly, sweet and innocent, became a venomous snake to stay away from. She hissed at those who tried to get close to her and lunged at people who tried to touch her. When her father came back from the war, she clung to him like it was her last time seeing him again. So when they took her to the doctor's office to get her checked up, she refused to let go of her father. She screamed at waiting patients and when they finally had the chance to restrain her, the nightmare was over. At least that was what they thought. The nightmare had only just begun for her. They took her home and there would be times where she was just too innocent, something too good to be true. She interacted with people around the mansion, gave out flowers and such just like she did when she was little but her father was never able to witness it- he was always working for her treatment. When he was home, she behaved badly. Hissing and lunging like before, clinging and screaming at anyone who came near her father. They concluded it must've been Jude triggering those aggressive episodes, and sent her off to live with her mother who was secretly living away from the life of a celebrity in a cottage in Fiore. She always told the young blonde to remember the date as a reminder that she was completely sane. Michelle came to visit sometimes, but Lucy was always at school. It was dangerous to let her be near any relatives from the house of Heartfilias. It could trigger anything to happen. Despite never having an aggressive episode near Michelle or Sting, they couldn't risk any chances. They wanted to protect the young girl from whatever may happen in the future. So they cut themselves from her, completely. Her loving mother was forced to act so cold to her to prevent any sort of loving reminder from her father to get to her and acts of love were often dismissed in the little cottage nearby the path to the cliff. It was too much for Layla to bare, seeing all of her children in pain. When she became diagnosed with depression, she knew her life on Earth was coming to an end hence why she committed suicide. Lucy didn't necessarily handle it well either. She blamed herself, nearly jumped off the cliff before being interrogated making her look even more guilty. But she couldn't help it. Something screamed at her to just...jump. Jump, jump, jump.
           "When will this all end?" The blonde cried as she ran through the forest. She made her way to a clearing, seeing her old home, standing big and bold like it always was. The Heartfilia mansion didn't look exactly the same as it did before. Vines were overgrown and the fountain didn't flow as it did before. It was a horrible discoloration of white, with murky green water resting still. She cringed at the sight. Her father's death must have been an impact on the place. Nevertheless, she snuck around and found out about her mother's funeral being held the day of her second interrogation so she decided to sneak out (not without grabbing a hooded cloak and her glasses) and attend. She hid in the woods near the exclusive cemetery and waited until the crowd parted and scattered. She took that opportunity to say goodbye to her mother, thank her for her advice and such and to say sorry for all she did in her life. That was until a recognizable male grabbed her and pulled her into a hug, something she definitely didn't enjoy.

◈ ━━━━━━━ ⸙ ━━━━━━━ ◈

"I don't care if she's sick," wept Michelle as she jumped out of her chair. "I don't care about all those things she did."
          Michelle engulfed Natsu into a hug as she cried. She held onto him tightly and he hugged her back, rubbing her back soothingly.
         "Despite how bad she is, she's my sister, and sisters don't just abandon each other."