Chapter.13 | The END

"Taehyung?!"

My eyes and mouth were frozen wide open, and my mouth got dry.
W-what is he doing here?! Didn't he leave earlier?

A chuckle escaped Taehyung's mouth and he tilted his head to the left.

"You really think I'm going to leave you here?" He asked and crossed his arms. I felt my cheeks getting warm, they probably looked like tomatoes by now.

Taehyung took a step forward and my heart immediately fluttered.
He reached his hand down towards me and nodded.
I hesitated alot before I put my hand in his. I felt as if I got electrocuted.
He pulled me up and our faces were only a few inches away. I couldn't even look at him straight in the face. I haven't felt like this in such a long time.

"W-were you here t-the whole time?" I asked stuttering like an idiot. I mentally slapped myself. I shouldn't have asked that, I sounded so stupid, ugh.
I'll come off as weak now.

"Yes, I was. I know it's been two years, but I still know when you're lying. I know you still love me. And when I saw you crying just now, confirmed that you miss me."

I got a lump in my throat and knew if I opened my mouth, I would burst in tears.
Taehyung put both of his hands on my shoulders and pulled me closer to him. My eyes widened at his sudden action.
Taehyung's eyes were locked on mine for a few moments. When he looked at me, it was as if he was untying all of my knots.

"I'm sorry, Y/N. Does this sound more sincere than the 'sorry' I used to tell you two years ago? I really hope it does, because I can't sleep at night without thinking about the pain I've caused you.
In therapy we learn that it isn't our fault, we're humans too. But I can't help it but think that I was an animal. I'm not going to stand here and try to make myself seem like a good person, because I'm not worthy of that. I just want to tell you from the bottom of my heart; I'm really sorry."

H-he goes to therapy? Shit man. My throat held back a sob.

"Don't lie to yourself, Y/N. Be honest to your heart. Listen to your heart, what is it telling you?" He said and reached out for my hand. I couldn't hold it in anymore. No matter how much I try, I can't hate him anymore!

"IT'S TELLING ME TO FUCKING MARRY YOU RIGHT NOW!" I blurted out and wrapped my arms around him. Taehyung let out a surprised gasp before he did the same thing and pulled my body closer to his.

His arms were wrapped around my body and his face was buried deep down my neck. His arms were wrapped gently around me as if he was scared I would get hurt.
He looked like a lost puppy who had finally found his mom.

I'm pretty sure Taehyung must've had a harder time than me, judging by the way he was holding me close to him. It was as if he hadn't had any physical touch with any other human being in two years. It's not easy to live with guilt for such a long time.
He looked desperate, as if he's been waiting for this moment his whole life.

While I was still in Taehyung's embrace, I heard soft sniffles.

"Hey, are you crying?" I whispered, not sure if I heard it right.

"No." He answered, still hugging me. I suddenly felt something wet fall on my neck, before I heard whimpers coming from Taehyung. He was crying, and squeezed me harder. It made me realize how hard he must've had it. In that moment of feeling him so close I felt awake somehow, more alive than I have been in so very long.
The world around me melted away as I squeezed him back, not wanting the moment to end.

***

Cᴏɴɢʀᴀᴛᴜʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴs, ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɴᴏᴡ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜɪs ʙᴏᴏᴋ. Tʜᴀɴᴋ ʏᴏᴜ sᴏ ᴍᴜᴄʜ~ I ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ ʜᴏᴘᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴇɴᴊᴏʏᴇᴅ ɪᴛ! Sᴜʀᴘʀɪsɪɴɢʟʏ ᴍᴀɴʏ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴄʜᴏsᴇ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ᴍʏ ʙᴏᴏᴋ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴍᴀᴋᴇs ᴍᴇ ᴠᴇʀʏ ʜᴀᴘᴘʏ :)
I ᴛʜɪɴᴋ I sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴇɴᴅ ɪᴛ ʜᴇʀᴇ sɪɴᴄᴇ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ɪs ᴘᴇʀꜰᴇᴄᴛ. Wʜᴏ ᴋɴᴏᴡs ɪꜰ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴇɴᴅ ᴜᴘ ʜᴀᴠɪɴɢ ᴀɴᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ꜰɪɢʜᴛ?
YiKeS.

(╥﹏╥)