Four

Dedicated to maclove__

"You're with other people, aren't you?" She asked him.

He nodded. "Yeah, but they're cool. They won't do anything."

She grabbed onto the straps of her backpack firmly. "You make it sound like I'm going to meet them."

He shrugged. "You can if you want to."

She shook her head right away as she didn't like the idea. "No, I don't think so. I'm not really...meant for people..." She cleared her throat as she looked down at the ground. "I'm barely managing with you." She would be lying if she said she wasn't anxious just walking with him. Ever since she left she's been destroying herself with negative feelings and thoughts.

That earned a look from him. He was going to say something when he heard his name being called.

"Lee!"

"Lee?" Luce asked.

"Short for Liam." He looked at the direction it came from and saw the van with Chubs and Zu in front of it facing the woods.

When Luce saw Zu, she recognized her from the escape. She was the Yellow he carried. Wait, he was the Blue who carried her.

Zu saw her and Liam making their way towards them. When they got to her and Chubs, she pointed at her.

"What's wrong, Zu?" Chubs asked her, completely confused by the sudden pointing at her. Nonetheless, it was also rude to point, but he wasn't going to tell her that.

"You remember me?" Luce asked, earning a nod from her. "Yeah, I remember you too." She turned to Liam. "She was in front of me on the ground. I was going to help her, but you picked her up after breaking the fence."

Chubs cleared his throat. "Cool story, bro. Can we get on with our lives and have this damn tire fixed before someone decides to use this road to drive and spot us, getting our asses in trouble, and then getting-"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Right, yeah." Liam nodded with a wave of his hand. "I'll..." he glanced at Luce before looking back at the van, "yeah." He went to the side of the van and fixed the tire.

Without his presence, the three stood there in awkward silence as they were left on the side.

Chubs decided to make the first move. "Who are you and what are you?"

The question kind of took her by surprise because she thought she would either be completely ignored or dismissed. Clearly, neither didn't happen. She looked at the male who stood in front of her. "My name's...Luce. And yours?"

He waited a few seconds to see if she would answer his other question, but when she didn't he answered, "I'm Charles and this is Suzume."

"We call her Zu and him Chubs, though," Liam said from the other side of the van.