Epilogue

Luce stood outside the two-story house wearing a loose-fitted short-sleeved shirt and low-waist shorts that stopped just above her knees

Luce stood outside the two-story house wearing a loose-fitted short-sleeved shirt and low-waist shorts that stopped just above her knees. Her hands were resting on her hips as she examined the outside of the house.

It was a pale yellow color with two windows opposite each other and the front door between them. Two more windows rested above them on the front walls of the second floor. A white frame surrounded each window. The front door was brown while the roof was grey.

Living under the roof of the house contained six people. The house was first discovered by Liam, Chubs, Zu, and Luce when they were still on the road. It was the first house they came across that was empty after Luce was practically forced to be with them. They spent a few nights before they picked up and moved on.

After all that happened with the League, they knew they had to go somewhere to stay. They couldn't be out on the streets or do what they used to do before because it was a different time now than it was when they were out. So, the house was brought up again and they checked it out.

When they came back, they noticed the house was no longer abandoned but occupied. They were going to have a problem at first until they found out it was occupied by Luce. That reunion, man was that was something.

The brunette moved her arms to her sides. As soon as she did, arms wrapped around her, and she was suddenly lifted off the ground. She was surprised at first, but she smiled when she saw who picked her up bridal style.

She was brought to the front of the house and was placed carefully on the front steps. The door opened and revealed a male with glasses and a female with electric blue hair. They smiled at the two as they walked inside.

"You spend way too much time outside looking at the house," Chubs told her. "It's creepy."

"At least she doesn't do it at night."

"Maybe you're just not awake when I do, Vida," she joked with a wink at the end.

"I take it back, that shit is creepy."

"This time, I had an excuse as to why I was looking at the house," Luce said as she walked to the living room and sat down on the couch.

"And what would that be?" Chubs asked as he followed her and sat down next to her.

"We were thinking of painting the house a different color. You know, so it wasn't just...out there."

"And who's we?"

"Us," Liam said as he joined them in the living room after getting a water bottle from the fridge. "Seriously, Charles?"

Chubs looked offended when he was called by his legal name instead of his usual nickname. "Seriously, Liam? You know it's still Chubs."

"And by any chance do you think we can have thicker walls?" Liam asked as he looked at Luce.

Vida raised a brow. "Thicker walls?"