Drew Moves In

(Edited to fix plot holes and such)

Danny and Drew had been friends for more than a few years. Danny had always had a slight attraction to Drew, causing problems in the long run with him and his wife, Laura. A divorce had been put into place, leaving Danny alone with his thoughts. As for Drew, his wife, Amanda, had gone missing about a year before Laura had left Danny. Finances were tight with Danny and Drew, so they eventually decided on moving together.

Danny had a feeling it wouldn't end very well due to his feelings for Drew, but he knew it was best.

-

Drew pulled up to Danny's house. Danny watched out the window as Drew came up to the door. The doorbell rang, and Danny ran over to the door and pulled it open, welcoming Drew.

"Hey, man! What's up? Come on in."

Danny took Drew's luggage into the house. "It's been good. How's it been lately... without Laura?," Drew said, frowning a slight bit.

"Oh... it's been fine. A bit lonely, not going to lie."

Drew nodded.

"But, let's put that aside, okay? Let's get you settled in; this is gonna be like the best sleepover of your life," Danny said, perking up a bit.

"Alright, where's my room?"

Danny led Drew to a messy-looking room that smelled of Old Spice deodorant and Febreze combined together. It had one single bed pressed to the left side of the room and a window to the right of it. The curtains were drawn, making the room look dark and desolate.

Since Drew wasn't able to bring his bed with him, and they weren't able to afford a new one or any sort of transportation for the bed to get to Danny's house, Danny's room was the only bedroom in the house with an actual bed; unless Drew wanted to sleep on the couch.

"I'll just take the couch," Drew said, "No need to deal with sleeping in the same bed."

-

Danny and Drew began to unpack Drew's things, hanging up his clothes, setting up his recording equipment, etcetera. They sat on the bed-- exhausted from moving around all day-- when there was a knock on the door.

"I've got it.", Danny said, walking out of the room.

He pulled open the door and Jackie, the lady that lived across the street, was there. Her gothic-looking features-- long, dark hair, stopping at around her waist, grey-ish blue eyes that looked almost purple at the right angle, all black clothes, skull earrings, heavy makeup-- were quite jarring, but Danny never really questioned it.

"Hey, Danny! I saw that a new friend of yours was moving in and I just figured that I should meet him, since we're now officially neighbors."

Drew walked around the corner, eyeing Jackie.

"Oh, alright. Drew would love to meet you, but we're a bit busy unpacking his things. We'll talk some other time."

"Ah, of course, I'll get out of your hair. See you guys around."

Danny smiled and waved as he closed the door.

"A bit weird... I didn't expect her to be so...", Drew trailed off.

"Ecstatic?", Danny asked, trying to finish his sentence.

Drew nodded.

"When I first met her, I didn't expect it either," Danny said, "She can be a bit weird sometimes."

"But, at least she's pretty."

Danny's smile faded a little, "Mhm, yeah..."

Drew settled on the couch, relaxing since him and Danny had just been working so hard. Danny walked back to his room and fell back onto his bed. Drew's compliment towards Jackie slid into his mind. Just a simple compliment, right?