Coming Home

(Edited to fix plot holes and such)

The bag was ripped off of Drew's head. The light all around him was bright, making him squint his eyes to adjust.  A man stood in front of him-- tan skin, a muscle top, well-sculpted-- most likely the one that had hit him in the head before.

"Stay here," his voice echoed, loud and clear.

Drew nodded quickly, trying not to panic. The man walked away, into a different part of the warehouse-looking building. He knew he wasn't going to stay here-- not a chance. The rope around his wrists was very thick and his wrists were sweaty from the rope, making it easier to untie, but still difficult. Once he untied the rope around his wrists, he began breathing heavier as he imagined what would happen if he was caught. That made him finally start to panic. He untied his ankles faster than he untied his hands. 

He ran as fast as his legs could take him. He ran straight out of the building, to who knows where from there.

-

Danny sat on his bed, twiddling his thumbs. It had been almost a week now and the police decided to dismiss the whole case due to the fact that there were no leads. There was no trace of anything suspicious that could lead to Drew. And besides, Drew could take care of himself perfectly fine because he was an adult, right?

Bullshit, Danny thought, he was kidnapped, he's in danger. Being an adult won't help that.

Danny had gone all over the place. Stores, hotels, neighbor's houses. He even tried to contact some of Drew's friends, as well as his family. He was nowhere to be seen and no one had seen him. Danny eventually gave up, sitting around the house, finding it hard to direct his thoughts elsewhere. Anxiety consumed him for the most part. Of course, he didn't want to give up, but what else was there that he could do?

-

Drew walked down the street, desperately trying to wave people down so that he could get a ride home. He didn't have anything. No money, no car keys, no house keys, no directions or clue where he was. Eventually, a nice couple had volunteered to drive him home. Drew was so grateful and his heart pounded as he gave them the address. 

Once they had reached Danny's place, Drew ran up to the door and rang the doorbell repeatedly, as well as pounding on the door.

Danny was startled by the noise, not sure as to whether he should've opened the door or not. Danny decided that it was most likely important-- maybe a lead on Drew-- so, he opened the door. Drew stood in the doorway, his legs shaking and his wrists bruised and red. Danny instantly wrapped his arms around Drew, putting his face against Drew's neck. He rubbed Drew's back as they embraced, feeling Drew's warmth and lack of strength. Danny felt his eyes burn with tears of joy, but he refused to let himself cry.

Danny pushed away slightly from Drew and took his hand. He led Drew over to the couch so that he could sit and rest.

"Drew... where were you..?" Danny said quietly, holding Drew's hand, "I was-- I was worried sick!  I called your friends, I went to the neighbors, I even called the Police. They tried, but still weren't willing to help because there was nothing to find that could even help them fin--"

Drew put a hand on Danny's waist and kissed him. Danny felt a flood of emotions. He melted into the kiss, running his hands along Drew's hair and down the sides of his face. Drew moved his hands to Danny's back, pulling Danny closer to himself.

They eventually pushed away from one another, catching their breaths. Danny held Drew's face in his hands, staring into his eyes.

"Drew... I love you..."

"I love you too, Danny."

Danny spoke softly, "I don't want to be alone anymore... I need you, Drew. I want you..," he moved his hands to Drew's, intertwining his fingers with Drew's.

"Will you be my boyfriend?"

Drew gripped Danny's hands tighter and nodded, "Yes... yes, of course."

They embraced tightly.

-

"Are you fucking KIDDING ME!?" Drew screamed, "RYAN TRAHAN!? I COULD HAVE BEEN DEAD FOR ALL YOU KNEW!"

"I said I'm sorry, Drew! I'm truly sorry! It meant absolutely nothing to me! It was in the heat of the moment! He was the only person that came to comfort me!" Danny tried to defend himself.

"Fuck off, Danny! Fuck off!"

Drew stood up and walked over to the door. He opened it and stormed out, slamming the door behind him.

Danny put his head in his hands and felt his eyes burn once more. He let out a sharp exhale and called up Jackie to tell her everything.

"You should just let him air out a bit. He probably just needs time. Try calling him later to apologize," she suggested to Danny.

"Yeah, you're probably right. I'll talk to you later, Jackie. I have a lot to think about..."

Danny and Jackie said goodbye to each other and Danny hung up. It was very unlike Drew to act like this, to get so angry over anything. Danny felt like an idiot for his previous actions. He loved Drew, and he couldn't stand to lose him after everything. All he could do is hope.