Heavy

(Edited to fix plot holes and such)

It had been about two weeks since Drew moved in and had begun to settle in nicely. Both Danny and Drew thought that their new living arrangement was amazingly fun. Currently, they were watching a really crappy romance-comedy movie. They were both drunk silly, empty beer cans on the table-- around five or six of them. Danny rested his head on Drew's shoulder. Both of them seemed to be extremely drowsy, since it was almost 3:30 AM.

At that moment, kissing scene began-- a vampire boy and a human girl making out in the moonlight-- a really gross and exaggerated one, too. Danny's eyes opened a bit wider at the scene. Danny looked up at Drew, who was resisting his urge to laugh. Drew looked down at Danny, and their eyes met. Danny's face felt hot as he stared into Drew's glossy eyes.

Danny tried to dismiss his thoughts, only making them more prominent. The two held their gaze into one another's eyes for what seemed like forever. Danny lifted his head from Drew's shoulder. Drew leaned closer to Danny, placing his hand under Danny's chin. Danny's heart fluttered as he put his hand on Drew's shoulder, leaning in just as Drew did. As they were about to kiss, a loud crash was heard, making them knock their heads together.

Danny looked behind him and saw three men climbing through the now broken window. Danny fumbled, pulling out his phone, trying to dial 911 frantically.

Drew screamed as the men ran closer, "Danny! Watch ou--"

Danny was whacked over the head with a metal bat, instantly knocking him out. They threw Danny off of the couch, making his limp body hit the floor. One of the men stomped on Danny's phone as it dialed, breaking it.

The three men grabbed hold of Drew. He tried to squirm out of their grasps, elbowing them and yelling for Danny to wake up-- to no avail.

But, Danny couldn't hear his screams.

-

When Danny woke up, he tried to contact Drew, but the only message he got back was, "Say goodbye to your friend."