On The Third Cold Night

(Edited to fix plot holes and such)

It seemed like forever since Danny had seen Drew, even though it had only been three days. He had called the police, but they wouldn't really be able to do anything since they had no leads. He sat, curled up on the couch, looking at the window that had been carelessly fixed by the cheapest window repair-man he could find. Danny heard a knock at the door. He walked over, wiping his eyes, and opened the door to find the one and only Ryan Trahan.

"Ryan? What are you doing here?"

-

Drew cried out. A bag was over his head, and his hands were tied behind his back using a coarse rope that didn't feel too good against his skin.

"Please, just let me see Danny! He's probably terrified! I need to be there for him..." His voice was hoarse from screaming so much and he was exhausted from thrashing around in the cheap, uncomfortable metal folding chair.

Drew heard an annoyed grunt come from someone around him and then was punched in the stomach-- hard. Drew groaned, letting out a shaky breath.

"Shut up already! We're tired of your shit!", The man yelled.

"I'll shut up when you let me--"

He was cut off by the abrupt smash of another bat against his head, this time.

-

Danny and Ryan sat on the couch, drinking tea, while Danny explained everything that had happened since Drew moved in.

"Am I being paranoid? Should I try and do something myself? What if he needs me? What if he needs help?," Danny cried out.

"Listen, Danny. Drew is an adult; he can handle this himself, I'm sure he'll be fine," Ryan said in a comforting tone.

Danny looked at Ryan, seeing his comforting smile. Danny felt his eyes burning, ready for more tears to flow. Ryan went in for a hug, but in the heat of the moment, Danny, instead of hugging Ryan, put his hands on Ryan's waist and kissed him desperately. 

Ryan kissed Danny back, running his hand across Danny's chest, pulling on the collar of his shirt. Hot tears ran down Danny's cheeks as he realized what he was doing. He moved his hands onto Ryan's chest and pushed him back.

Danny breathed heavily, "Oh-- Oh god, I... I can't--"

Ryan went back into a sitting position, running his fingers through his hair, "What?"

"Drew... I'm in love with Drew... I'm so sorry... I never should have done that..."

"But, Danny... He's a loser..."

Danny began to calm down. He sighed, looking down at his hands, "Ryan, you need to go."

Ryan huffed, fixing his hair and clothes, "Your mistake."

He grabbed his car keys and left the house. Danny curled up on the couch once again, putting his head in between his knees. His shaky breaths were the only noise in the house.